What's new

Need Help with SF3S - One Final Thing

bboard

You Said to:
1) Mount the CD image to it (if you don't know how to do that, read DT's manual)

I CAN'T FIND DTs MANUAL PLZ HELP

2) Run Chankast

OKKKKKAY

SO I have
- Dreamcast Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (Pal Fixed).cdi
- Chankast 0.25 (Im using the original)
- dc_bios
- Daemon tools V3.47

I followed the directions on How to Mount or Watch .ISO Image Files with DAEMON Tools | Articles - Digital Digest and it isnt working - its stopping right when I tell it to OPEN while the Daemon icon IS green ... What am I doing wrong or is it the version of the Daemon OR might I need to re-get another copy of Dreamcast Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (Pal Fixed).cdi

Do I need to get Daemon Tools 3.29 ONLY
OR WHAT

IM SOOO Close to being able to play on Chankast :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

BTW :party: This is what "Ruddrage " said a while back: Daemon Tools 3.29 Problems... - EmuTalk.net
Hi all,

I was having the exact same problem since I upgraded my rig about 4 months ago. Every time I would install Daemon tools 3.29 I would get the dreaded BSOD and be forced to use a system restore point. And when I tried using Alcohol to mount the images then I would get an 'ioControl' error, however I found a way of getting them to work.

Here’s the steps that I took:

1) The images that wouldn't work were a .cdi format. So I used a tool to convert the .cdi to .nrg.
2) After the conversion, I used Nero burner to create a CD using the .nrg image. Nero did complain that the burning process might be unsuccessful.
3) After it had finished burning the image, I was able to read the disc successfully. So I remade the image onto my HD using Nero.
4) Once that was complete, Alcohol was then able to read the image correctly and the game worked like a treat.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Converting CD images to another format shouldn't be needed. I've gotten several CD images formats working in Chankast with no problems whatsoever. If you get ioControl errors and DT 3.29 doesn't work for you, try ChankastEx and use "fixed" CD-ROM Interface plugin that comes with it.