What's new

Need help: Project 64 to fast? time simulation?

Cryten

Gday, Im just woundering what nintendo 64 emulation and pj64 in general does for time simulation. You see I'm having a problem with Harvest Moon 64 (you can see much more game then in the gba versions). By the time I pick 5 weeds in the first day 2 hours have gone. By the time it takes to walk to the ranch its afternoon. As you might guess (even if you havn't played) this is fast. I think it has something to do with the amount of frames it is passing but im not sure. Other non time based games seems to run fine.

So to Sum up: Is there a way to slow down pj64? is there a real time clock simulation in it? and finally is time simulation currently based on fps (thus can I limit fps?)

PS: Im posting here now as the combined thread I posted in earlier was recommended that we post individual help threads

OP
C

Cryten

Nahh Im afriad Ive had the limit fps all along, its just that 60 fps is to fast for this game. At least I think so, Ive no idea how time is emulated or simulated for the 64 but the gba game would last about 10 times longer for an hour passing in game time.

Blacklord

Banned
play the song of time inverted. And i played it and that isn't fast for majora's mask. If you would had talked to the scarecrow he would have told you that if you play the song of time backwards it will slow the flow of time and it slows it a lot.

Clements

Blacklord said:
play the song of time inverted. And i played it and that isn't fast for majora's mask. If you would had talked to the scarecrow he would have told you that if you play the song of time backwards it will slow the flow of time and it slows it a lot.

Wrong game.

As the the OP, can you compare to the original N64? It is probably normal.

Blacklord

Banned
OOh i see. Sorrry my bad. But i could swear yesterday it was majora's mask. Anyway i tested this emulator with 6 games while playing simultaneously on my N64 there is hardly a noticeable difference.

Last edited: