What's new

Need help on geting Top Gear Overdrive to work.

Badday

I have been trying to get top gear overdrive to work on 1964 emulator but no luck. What am I doing wrong? it says that it is playable with Rice Daedalus 5.2.0 plugin. I Found more info thought other threads:bouncy:, But only got it to work part of the way. Still need some help. :paperbag:
MY PC:p4 3.0Ghz HT VIDEO:Nvidia GeForce FX GO5200 128mb RAM:512mb
SOUND:Sound blaster 16bit.
:term:

Last edited:

albfxp

=/
Me too.
Has some time I am trying to play this one.
Apollo just don't Work.
With 1964, i tried Manyyy. Plug ins. No Sucess.
Does any one knows the best combination to play this game?
Pc:p4 3.0ghz Video card :Nvidia Geforce 5700 256mb Ram: 1gb
^^ plz ¬¬

Now i have the Solution.
Use Mupen.
Than Jabo's Direct3d8 Video , than in game use advanced Options And Put "width = 320" "height = 240"
Thats Look Fine ^^

Last edited:

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
This game has yet to be emulated perfectly. You can make the game playable with some graphics errors using this config:

Emulator: Mupen64 0.5.1
Graphics: Glide64 Wonder Plus
Sound: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
RPS: RSP Plugin from Project64

There are some graphics errors, and the menu flickers when selecting cars, but ingame runs near perfect. Using Jabo's Direct3D8 works when you adjust the resolution, but then the car and stage select are huge, along with the graphics error of tire tracks coming off the car while going around bends. For the best results with the least errors, use Glide64. (The below screens are using Jabo's Direct3D8.)

Edit: I just realized the original date of this thread is old. The info provided may help future searchers, but don't revive old posts. I am not a forum law enforcer, nor is it a concern to me. Reviving old threads will tick off some people.

Last edited:

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Overdrive still works fine here with Rices Video Plugins.

Just now, I tested v5.5.1 with the same settings I always used, I've been gone for a while. Runs as smooth as glass here, only thing thats off a little bit is the menu. You might want to check your settings with mine in the FAQ thread. Or I guess it could be your PC specs. Nice to know it works with Mupen. I will give that a try too.Thanks Bighead

This is one of my favorite N64 games even to this day, I like the game. :bouncy: