What's new

Need help on Dragon Force, girigiri-gav

sadow

hi im using girigiri-gav to run dragon force... i will only able to play in the fields... but if i go in battle, it will hang my whole system once it plays till a certain part of the battle music... i have no idea how to off the music.
oh ya i have just downloaded a SSF 006 alpha4, a very old version but if it works why not? anyway for SSF i got this error when i just double click the SSF icon, there is no cd drive that can be used? wat does that mean? no cd drive?
could someone pls help me, really appreciate it, thx ^^
2.8ghz AMD sempron
512mb RAM
geforce4 6600GT

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If at all possible, ditch GiriGiri and use SSF. Dragon Force works fine in it.

OP
S

sadow

i would like to use SSF but the req is too high, i cant even get in... so i wonder anyone can help me out wif girigiri-gav?

spotanjo3

girigiri is a hack emulator and it is not good emulator. use ssf because it is the best emulator out there.

Borisz

Make sure you are using a legit bin/cue dumped from original disc and not iso/mp3 bullshit converted with the 3849289 useless frontends.

That's all the advice I can give for girigiri. Later Semprons supported SSE2 so you may be able to run SSF, even tho it may be a bit slow.

OP
S

sadow

ok...then could anyone brief me in how to configure my SSF, i have no idea where to start at all :D couldn find threads that has step by step configuration (prolly im blind) and my 2.8ghz sempron could support which version of SSE or SSF (don understand wats the diff) :D [pardon me, still very new to saturn emulation] thx to anyone whose willing to help me ^^

Agozer

SSF = the name if the emulator.
SSE/SSE2 = Streaming SIMD Extensions. Bunch of extra instructions for CPUs that support SSE/SSE2. These instructions give a much-needed speed boost.

Go to Options. Select the Saturn BIOS file you want to use and the ST-V BIOS file you want to use. Select the CD-Rom drive that you'll use to boot Saturn CDs (or CD images). Finally, set the region of the console to your liking. Restart the emulator.

At the next start, set the language of the BIOS as well as date and time.

OP
S

sadow

now i try to start my SSF it says "it failed in read a file", any idea which file is needed?

Talas

Son of the Sky
Reading all this I also downloaded SSF and tried to start it but it also says "it failed in reading "wnaspi32.dll". Where do I get that?

Agozer

Talas said:
Reading all this I also downloaded SSF and tried to start it but it also says "it failed in reading "wnaspi32.dll". Where do I get that?
Have you checked 'Use I/O Control (Windows2000/XP only)' in options. If you haven't, Windows tries to use the ASPI driver to handle CD-ROM drives, but fails because Windows 2000/XP don't have ASPI preinstalled.

Or download the ASPI driver from somewhere (Google it), install it and try again.

OP
S

sadow

u could get it from nero too sobx sobx wonder anyone got the same problem as me?

Last edited: