What's new

Need help:Graphics error....ThanX

BinGoViVi

It's jump a messagebox with"Direct 3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0"

I use Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1

and my pc use "Ati Radeon 9200se 128MB video card"

so i can't play n64 games with Pj64...

Anyone can help me ? thank you very much!!! :bye3:

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Sounds like you may need to reinstall DirectX...

Or, you can always try a different plugin. GLn64 is supposed to be really good on newish cards like yours. Rice's is also good using the pixel shader combiner. Glide64+wrapper is good when all else fails.

revl8er

That Damn Good
This error comes up a lot. Try deleting the registry of pj64 and that might help. Also try reinstalling directX, and your gfx card drivers.

Trotterwatch

Just set the desktop to 16bit colour, then if it persists delete the reg of PJ64 too (using the supplied reg uninstallers).

Pilot_1

I have searched everywhee and have failed to solve this problem. You might as well give up and delete the emulator

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Jacolover said:
Yes, it would appear that having a decent video card (Radeon) means you can't play n64.

Geez. Take Trotterwatch's advise. Switch the desktop color (through the display properties) to 16-bit. Try to run the emulator. If that doesn't work, then delete the reg keys for PJ64, run it again, then config the emulator to also play the games in 16-bit.
- Modem

Clements

It's an introduced driver problem, not the fault of Radeon hardware. It can be solved by going through the steps already mentioned or alternatively rolling back to older (pre Catalyst 4.0) driver.

Clements

You can find some Reg Key uninstallers in the 'Uninstall' folder in the PJ64 folder. Click on each of the files to reset PJ64 to default values.