What's new

Need help choosing a Good MediaPlayer

crhylove

Banned
http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/ it is icq. this program ROCKS for a TV card, there is no comparison with any other program (and i've used SEVERAL). this program makes watching TV on the computer an absolute joy, the visual is simply stunning compared to any other TV card interface software.

for video playback, such as divx, there is no comparison to:
http://www.bsplay.com/

if you haven't tried it, then you really are missing the boat.

and for audio, including a wealth of the best plugins, winamp 2.

i don't know why anyone would use any variation of wmp after trying these 3 programs.

it's buggy and uses too much memory, and the gfx just plain aren't as good.

cheers.

rhy

Joe Schmoe

holy SH#T!!! Bsplay is is no joke!! It plays subtitles. I been busting my ass looking for a media player that did that. SHOALIN SOCCER BABY!!!!

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Vchat20 said:
Well. im still sticking with WMP9. Besides, I like the SRS WOW capability. throws out the need for surround sound in the most part. BTW, if anyone knows about an SRS WOW plugin you can add to windows directly so that everything audio is SRS WOW enabled? Like for DirectX or something?

your much better off with a surround system that synthesizes stereo input to surround in its own hardware though. If you have one, I wouldn't bother with that. BTW, I think powerdvd has supported the same thing for about a year now.

iq_132

Banned
AlphaWolf said:
Vchat20 said:
Well. im still sticking with WMP9. Besides, I like the SRS WOW capability. throws out the need for surround sound in the most part. BTW, if anyone knows about an SRS WOW plugin you can add to windows directly so that everything audio is SRS WOW enabled? Like for DirectX or something?

your much better off with a surround system that synthesizes stereo input to surround in its own hardware though. If you have one, I wouldn't bother with that. BTW, I think powerdvd has supported the same thing for about a year now.

I totally agree alpha. My surround sound system has that. There's nothing like listening to your divx movies, games, or mp3s on a surround sound system :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Originally posted by Harteex
Shaolin Soccer rules :D
Huh?

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
Since Joe Schmoe said "SHOALIN SOCCER BABY!!!!" I guess he mean the movie Shaolin Soccer (a really great movie!).
I should have quoted him.....

crhylove

Banned
i recommend "the big lebowski". easily the greatest acted/directed/written/filmed movie of all time.

and it looks phenomenal in bsplay.

have fun!

rhy

ra5555

N64 Newbie
AlphaWolf said:
I am speaking to you as one peer to another peer,

* AlphaWolf steps on ra5555's foot twice

when I say "go get the full version".

hehe... but I got the full version :p

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
ra5555:
When I had PowerDVD I remember I also had problems to find how to play files on the computer. There is a button somewhere there you can switch to play files on the computer instead of dvd's... don't remember where though...

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Thnx Harteex... Found it.. I just have to hold onto the open botton... If I just press it it opens my dvd drive :)

THnx again