What's new

Need DirectX Features

robertaffonso

when i click on project64 1.6 it says, graphics error- direct3d failed to initialize error code:8876086A d3derr_notavailable.

the default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder.

please help me....i'm so stupid i don't know what to do....all i want to do is play paper mario.....please can anyone help me!

When i go to DirectX Diagnostic Tool the directdraw, direct3d and agp textues accelerations are all not availble. I know you need to have them enabled, so my question is do i need an upgrade and is it free?

also i only have a standard VGA graphics adapter

if anyone can help please....

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

That sounds like you do not have your graphics drivers installed or they are not installed properly.

If your computer is an off-the-shelf PC or laptop, it should be relatively easy to find the most up to date driver by Googling the model number of the system along with the name of the manufacturer. Often, the driver will appear on Windows Update as well.

It may be that no drivers are available for your graphics card and your operating system if it is too old.

If the DirectX tests fail then PJ64 will most likely not start as you have said.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You need to find out proper what your video card is and then upgrade your video card's drivers. Proper drivers enable DirectX features automatically. "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (as the name implies) is simply a very basic fallback display driver for Windows when it can't detect any proper drivers for a given video card. This driver does not have any support for accelerated DirectX stuff, hence why everything is disabled according to dxdiag.

No video card drivers, or any device drivers for that matter, cost you anything.

Download GPU-Z, as it's a robust tool for video card info. It should give you more concrete info on what video card you really have. Should it give relevant info, go to your video card manufacturer's homepage and download the right drivers for your card.

Last edited:

Agozer

Please keep your questions and answers in a single thread if at all possible.

R

raganinjo

Use other video plugin,not Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 for Paper Mario.

OP
R

robertaffonso

thank you for all your help, but i still don't understand what to do...and sorry for making multiple posts. =[

OP
R

robertaffonso

Well i went to the dell inspiron 2200 page and went to drivers and downloads and it says i have 13 files i can download. one of them is in video that applies to graphic video...is that the download i need?

there are also downloads for application, audio, bios, communications, diagnostics, network and removable storage.

Agozer

Well i went to the dell inspiron 2200 page and went to drivers and downloads and it says i have 13 files i can download. one of them is in video that applies to graphic video...is that the download i need?
Most likely it is.

OP
R

robertaffonso

Well i downloaded that graphic video file......and IT WORKED!!!
Thanks to all those who repleyed to my posts and helped me out. Special thanks to Agozer for your quick replies and good luck on your future endeavors and again thank you.