What's new

Namp64 - N64 MP3 Player Demo Rom Help

Vchat20

Can someone plz help me with this rom? I am trying to get it to work but cant figure it out. from what it is saying, it is looking for an Mp3 within the ROM itself. but after that PJ64 gives me an error (something about a command loop or something) and stops the emulation. I already have a couple mp3's picked out that I would like to test with this. but I need help with getting the rom to play the mp3's.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Vchat20 said:
Can someone plz help me with this rom? I am trying to get it to work but cant figure it out. from what it is saying, it is looking for an Mp3 within the ROM itself. but after that PJ64 gives me an error (something about a command loop or something) and stops the emulation. I already have a couple mp3's picked out that I would like to test with this. but I need help with getting the rom to play the mp3's.

The Namp64 Rom located here is just the player, there is a seprate executable that you must run to compile a n64 rom with the mp3s you want the emu to play. Its not worth the hassle, just stick to Winamp or Windows Media.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Well, it is just I want to do it. I prefer Winamp myself, but want to try this out. can you possibly tell me where I can get this program that will compile it?

also, if this works, is there any way to put this rom onto an N64 cart like the GBA flash carts?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Vchat20 said:
Well, it is just I want to do it. I prefer Winamp myself, but want to try this out. can you possibly tell me where I can get this program that will compile it?

also, if this works, is there any way to put this rom onto an N64 cart like the GBA flash carts?

Grab the Namp64 Kit Here...

Well, no. :geek:

You will need an external Rom Ripping Device, such as a Dr V64 jr or a CD64 to run this on your N64, that can run about $300 US. The worst part is first off, they are very hard to find now because lik-sang got rid of them. Plus, they dont ship to the US. :doh:

wwtoonlinkfan

Yes, I know this thread is old, but I need a utility to write the mp3 file to the rom. I need a download link that is guaranteed to be up and running as of the time of the post.

zoinkity

http://www.mediafire.com/file/23o1vn1crs95725/Namp64.zip

Thought one of these floppies had the original documentation with it; I'll have to find the other stack.
Here's an extended ROM and batch script to patch it with files. They just get copied to 0x200000, and it plays each track you append in sequence after the last. You'll probably have to execute the batch from the command line or feed it a literal address for Namp.z64, lest it search for it in the directory you drag music from. It should work though, since this script is the one I use to attach music before sending it to the N64.

Just to let you know it can't handle all kinds of mp3s. Anything mpeg 1.0 will probably be fine but not every mp3 will work, especially some with the more esoteric special fields or encodings. It was based off amp 0.7.6, likely with similiar compatibility guidelines.
After a quick test, samples of extracted N64 mp3s (such as Perfect Dark's) work fine.

I'll try to find that documentation. Must have it someplace.

-Zoinkity

Last edited: