What's new

N64dd

Remote

Afaik that's a negative, I remember the Nemu team posted a message on thier himepage a long, long while back stating that they would give it a try if someone was kind enough to send them a N64DD but that's as far as it got...

1st spontanious thought is that it lacks material for anyone to be willing to dig in at it... But who knows what the future holds...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Afaik, the n64dd was never a really big hit anyway...
Was it released at all?
It wasn't even released in europe to my knowledge.
I don't see any idea on why emulating it, either.

2fast4u

there are only a couple thousand units and it was only released in japan. however, by looking at the review jaz posted on f-zero x expansion for the 64dd i feel like breaking into his house and stealing the sucker :D

decription

It would be hard to with limited docs as well as limited units. If it was done the FPS wouldn't be anything speacial. Dual Processor emulation is a very complicated thing. Anyway, to do it a DDC board would help as well. Also with no way to dump commercial games no one would wan't it:cry: It would be incredibly sweet though.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I honestly don't think the n64dd is worth emulating, i mean its only got a few pieces of software.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Sayargh said:
I honestly don't think the n64dd is worth emulating, i mean its only got a few pieces of software.

Yes maybe but think how insanely fun it would be to make your own tracks in F-Zero X! :emutalk:

I hope SEGA includes something like it in F-Zero GC...

mesman00

What's that...?
Sayargh said:

remeber, emulation is NOT about playing commercial games. it would just be sweet to see the 64DD emulated, even if there weren't any games to play on it.

Reznor007

decription said:
It would be hard to with limited docs as well as limited units. If it was done the FPS wouldn't be anything speacial. Dual Processor emulation is a very complicated thing. Anyway, to do it a DDC board would help as well. Also with no way to dump commercial games no one would wan't it:cry: It would be incredibly sweet though.

Dual CPU's is hard? Tell that to Aaron Giles, he writes multi-CPU emulators as if it were nothing. He did Race Drivin and Steel Talons in MAME, both of which use 6 CPU's...

Vchat20

Reznor007 said:
Dual CPU's is hard? Tell that to Aaron Giles, he writes multi-CPU emulators as if it were nothing. He did Race Drivin and Steel Talons in MAME, both of which use 6 CPU's...

Yeah. Ask him to do an n64dd emu. he would be the most qualified.