What's new

N64 on gamecube

piccolo17486

read about it on some pages, saying that the n64 emu, which is used for Master Quest was ripped to play other games, and some should work, didnt found any more infos about it, would be great to play more n64 games on the cube >D

cu

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Correct, some games do in fact work.

IN YOUR FACE ALPHAWOLF, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG - THE ZELDA64 BONUS DISC IS IN FACT EMULATION! :flowers:

OP
piccolo17486

piccolo17486

than its a very good emu.. perfect emulation :)
which games are tested on it yet?
how can i get it, i have the bonus disc... dont answer if this is warez stuff..
bye

Gorxon

Administrator
GogoTheMimic said:
Of course it's emulated and so is Animal Crossing. It's just a port of Animal Forest and upgraded a bit.

Animal Crossing is not emulated, it is a port.

Off topic-

Decided to finally change my avatar to one i had lying around. Thanks to the nice guy hyo (http://www.suzaku.tk/) for making it.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
piccolo17486 said:
than its a very good emu.. perfect emulation :)
which games are tested on it yet?
how can i get it, i have the bonus disc... dont answer if this is warez stuff..
bye

It's certainly not legal, as it was released under the Nintendo License.. don't talk about obtaining it.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Gorxon said:
Animal Crossing is not emulated, it is a port.

Well I'll be damned, more than usual. Well here's my next question, what the hell is the difference between porting and emulating?

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
porting requires a recoding of the game, emulating requires a program that does the same thing as the hardware of the old system.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
no, recoding, it means they took the games source and re wrote it to run on another platform, a good example of this is the large amount of SNES games being ported to GBA.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
gah, i found a thread somewhere manipulating that PSO bug (loading gcn games over lan) so you can take the OOt emu and pack other roms with it, i wish i knew where i found it