What's new

N64 layer diabling / texture saving

RPGlover12

Someone move that to Way off topic it was about n64 layer disabling now its about avatars :) off topics seems to go pretty fast here ;)

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Iq_132, you're pretty good at sprite ripping too eh? U use Camtasia too? I'm registered, so if you want my serial...:innocent:

P.s. here's an even-more-scarier negative version of the monster.. :devil:

Acorn

Lol you use camtasia also Jelbo? Got it registered here.. : /

What I want to know is how IQ rips the stuff from around the images in 10 mins flat, takes me that much per frame.

Starting a new thread for Avatar posting here.

iq_132

Banned
honestly all I do is take Gif Movie Gear, reduce the colors a little, then replace the colors in the background with a color that isn't used in the image. Then I export the individual images the bmp or non-animated gif and use XP's paint to remove the rest of the background.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Re: Re: N64 layer diabling / texture saving

Now we are getting to something that is possible. The Problem here is there can be 1000s of textures dumped durring a game. But it is definitely workable. Matter of fact I dump the textures to hard disk when debugging my Tr64 Ogl plugin.
[/B]

how how!! and is it possible to view and edit the textures using some kinda modeling program??

FinalRights

Ahh,the rom hacking tools are gone. ;_; Is it possible to use the information in this topic to take textures from one game(WCW/NWO Revenge) and place them in another game?(No Mercy) If anyone knows a way for me to do this,Aim me:Imadej00tap

Allnatural

gravedigging makes us cry...

Did you check the main site? Things do sometimes get moved around after two years...

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
But it wasn't that bad to dig that thread out ! Those ripped sprites are awesome work ! Here some humbling work of myself... It's hard to make the animation look smooth, it's always so slow because of frame overload ;_;

Allnatural

-Shadow- said:
It's hard to make the animation look smooth, it's always so slow because of frame overload ;_;
They look fine to me. Are you viewing them in IE? Mozilla/Firefox have no limitations on the speed of gifs, but in IE you want your frame lengths no longer than 6/100ths of a second. Any shorter and IE will actually slow them down.

btw, check out my stuff ;)

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Allnatural said:
They look fine to me. Are you viewing them in IE? Mozilla/Firefox have no limitations on the speed of gifs, but in IE you want your frame lengths no longer than 6/100ths of a second. Any shorter and IE will actually slow them down.

btw, check out my stuff ;)

Thanks for the tip! It's also slowed down in the Windows Picture Preview and Opera. Mozilla Firefox looks ok ;)

Your sprites are looking good!

BTW: Even the Link of minish cap has proper speed ?! And what software have you used for your sprites ? I used Jasc animation shop + Photoshop, i can't even add frames with imageready :(

/edit : some new work...

Last edited: