What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

YAY!!! I fixed the matrix problem! :cool:

Now the Super Mario 64 logo works right, and Mario's face shows up. Also, Tetrisphere works! SF rush still has problems though.

By the way, the problem was that I was STILL multiplying wrong. When I stepped through it, I noticed I was doing it backwards and should've used [j] instead of [j].

Swampylee

Well done Dave!!!

Please could you post some more screenshots, either here or on your site.

I don't have a 3DFX card installed at the moment but would love to see how it's progressing.

Keep up the great work.
-Swampylee

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Oh, come on! Where are the beta testers when I need them? All I need is someone using a voodoo 2 to work with me for an hour to figure the problem out. Contact: ICQ: 24553273 AIM: CodeMaster256 MSN: Dave2001

By the way, I've found that combine modes in Glide are the easiest thing in the world! This is especially true with the new graphical debugger I implemented. I'll post more stuff after I finish lighting and the rest of the combining modes. (mario's colors show now with lighting)

Eddy

I Run This
well dave i wish i could help, but again, i dont got a v3. Its good to hear that combines are easy to do in glide :) and also good to hear that you are implementing lighting

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Actually, I had lighting done at about 11:00 this morning :). Also, I have most combine modes that mario uses implemented. (single textured only so far)

I have several questions, and maybe someone here can tell me the answer:

#1. In Glide, there is something called bias that makes objects on the same plane separate. Is there something like this on the N64? (trying to fix the bug with the border around front door, stars on doors, sun picture on the castle floor)

#2. If you look at the water through the fence, the water doesn't draw where the fence is. This is because the fence is drawn first, writes to the z-buffer, and then the water is drawn, but rejected, even in the transparent areas, because the fence was closer. What is actually supposed to happen with the fences and trees with the z-buffer?

By the way, can Voodoo 2 have a w-buffer?

Eddy

I Run This
for the sidenote:

voodoo 2 supports a z buffer only on 640x480 and 800x600, you need TWO v2's for a z buffer on 1024x768, so you can make a feature that if the plugin detects a v2, it grays z buffer when it detects a res higher than 1024

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

No w buffer... that could explain the problem people are having on voodoo 2's. I'll add support for z-buffer right now. Or if "z-buffer" includes w-buffer, the last two releases I think were in 1024x768.

LoneRaven

Glide64 Website Guy
While testing GLide64, so far I have only found one bug. However I have not been able to recreate it. While playing the first level, it crashed PJ64. Has anyone else had this same problem. I will continue testing and see what I find. Good job Dave, keep it up. :colgate:

*Note : I am currently working on fixing the site up more, while doing this should I change the site from 1024 * 786 best resolution to 800 * 600?

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Voodoo 2 users, try this and tell me if it works. Anyone else, try this and see how the project is going. There is lighting now and many combine modes that mario uses. This is a work-in-progress version, so it isn't on the main site.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

I think glide wrappers are for Glide2x stuff only (like UltraHLE). I don't think they will work with my plugin since it uses Glide3x. I can almost assure you that you wouldn't want to use my plugin unless you have a Voodoo card anyway.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, so far I've confirmed that it works exactly how it should on a Voodoo Banshee. I need a Voodoo 2 user to try it now.

Reznor007

Are you using the right texture format for the fence texture? Since the parts of the fence that you can normally see through are probably given an alpha value of transparent, the texture would have to be an RGBA texture. If you only use RGB, it will be seen as a solid object, and will be given priority over the water. If it is given alpha values, it should be blended properly.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

The alpha values are correct, that's why you can see through the fence. Even when the alpha value is not one, it still writes to the z-buffer, making some things behind it not show.

mesman00

What's that...?
two things
1. lone raven, leave the webpage in 1024, its almost what everyone is running these days, and imo its much better.

2. someone who is using the newly released version of glide64 wanna post some screenshots so us non voodoo people can see how it's goin??

thanks.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, here you go.

By the way, I think the day I started this plugin was the day you said it would be awesome if someone made a glide plugin, but knew it would never happen. Strange how that works, isn't it?

mesman00

What's that...?
even though i don't have a voodoo card in my comp anymore, i think it would be wicked cool to see a glide plugin. ok, now im gonna go back to reality cuz i know that isn't gonna happen. anyways, great work on the ogl.

i said that over in the n64 screenshot board on 12/29/01. guess u really proved me wrong, haha. anyways, the plugin is lookin great, thanks for the shots.

Swampylee

WOW - it's really starting to look good. Well done.

I bet all those 3DFX users are wetting themselves after seeing these screenshots. :)

I may even re-install my old Banshee to take a look!

Please post more shots when you get a chance.
Regards, Swampylee

icepir8

Dave2001 said:
Actually, I had lighting done at about 11:00 this morning :). Also, I have most combine modes that mario uses implemented. (single textured only so far)

I have several questions, and maybe someone here can tell me the answer:

#1. In Glide, there is something called bias that makes objects on the same plane separate. Is there something like this on the N64? (trying to fix the bug with the border around front door, stars on doors, sun picture on the castle floor)

Yes/No on the N64 the are settings that are used for decal mode. and to emulate them zbias works great. Email me if you need more info.

#2. If you look at the water through the fence, the water doesn't draw where the fence is. This is because the fence is drawn first, writes to the z-buffer, and then the water is drawn, but rejected, even in the transparent areas, because the fence was closer. What is actually supposed to happen with the fences and trees with the z-buffer?
You need to enable a alpha test. so that if the alpha in is less than a set value the pixel is not updated. what is happenning is that the pixel is being updated even when the result is the same color as before because of a alpha value of zero.

Good work!

Cheers,

Icepir8
:tr64:

Status
Not open for further replies.