What's new

N64 emus too slow or don't work!

markobenin

OK, i experimented with UltraHLE, UltraHLE 2064, Nemu64, Project64 and 1964, and i haven't had any luck getting a game to emulate properly so i can play. In UltraHLE, UltraHLE 2064 and Project64, it seems like as the rom is about to load, Windows XP gives me a box where it asks to send an error report. When i press "don't send", it closes the program. It doesn't give me an error or anything, just this window with some "sorry for the inconvenience" bullshit and an error report thing. Nemu64 emulates the ROM (mario 64) but slowly and with choppy sound and video. Why is this when it seems like i have a system that should be able to handle this easily? And 1964 runs the rom quite smoothly, but the graphics are all screwd up and there is no sound. Can someone plz help?!?

Lizard Blade

Update your DirectX version.
Update your video card drivers.
Use different plug-ins, for example 1964 works best with the Jabo's D3D6 1.5 video plugin from Project64.
Verify your roms with GoodN64.

Allnatural

Was it necessary to start a new thread on essentially the same subject? We really frown upon that.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
markobenin said:
OK, i experimented with UltraHLE, UltraHLE 2064, Nemu64, Project64 and 1964, and i haven't had any luck getting a game to emulate properly so i can play. In UltraHLE, UltraHLE 2064 and Project64, it seems like as the rom is about to load, Windows XP gives me a box where it asks to send an error report. When i press "don't send", it closes the program. It doesn't give me an error or anything, just this window with some "sorry for the inconvenience" bullshit and an error report thing. Nemu64 emulates the ROM (mario 64) but slowly and with choppy sound and video. Why is this when it seems like i have a system that should be able to handle this easily? And 1964 runs the rom quite smoothly, but the graphics are all screwd up and there is no sound. Can someone plz help?!?

The message, "This program has encountered a problem
and need to close. We are sorry for the incovenience" means
the emulator crashed and Windows XP terminated it.

Under Windows 98, you will see the message that looks like this
when an application crashes:

This program has performed an illegal operation
and will be shut down.

markobenin said:
everything is updated, the rom is fine, and i have tried 1964 with jabo's..
And now it will work. For the best speed use Counter Factor 3 or 5 (ctrl+3 or ctrl+5). I almost finished my 1964 speed-optimized ini (it will get the best speed out of your games). I'll post it soon on emutalk.

OP
M

markobenin

Ok guys, but why do i get that winxp message (in win98 the illegal operation one)? All my drivers are upto date, it ain't that. DirectX is upto date. I think my system should be able to handle N64 emulation fine. So why do i get those messages from WinXP on every single emu except 1964 and Nemu?

I experimented with tons of different plugins and i tried using the evoodoo thing with glide64 as a video plugin, the rom won't start, it'd just goto a black screen. So what plugins would work the best for me and each emulator?

Thanks, and i am trying to emulate Mario 64 because it is the first and easiest game to emulate. 'Preciate the help!

Marko

mesman00

What's that...?
markobenin said:

I think my system should be able to handle N64 emulation fine.

i doubt this has to do with your problems, but looking at your specs your system will have some trouble handling N64 emulation on some emulators. Stick to UltraHLE, UltraHLE 2064, 1964, and Nemu64. Your processor speed is on the low end.

OP
M

markobenin

Ya i agree, i will be getting a new system very soon. BUT, I wish i can use UltraHLE or UltraHLE 2064, these emus give me that error that i talked about earlier, and winxp closes them.

And what are the best plugins (video, audio + input) for Nemu64 and 1964?

Thanks!

Marko

OP
M

markobenin

One more thing, in 1964 now, i'm trying with Jabos Direct3D6 1.5 and i get a "video plugin exception" error. What's this now?

schibo

Emulator Developer
The Timing in 1964 changes constantly. If you make an ini optimized for the counter factor in one version of 1964, it will likely be obsolete by the next version. In other words, I wouldn't bother :)