What's new

N64 emulator for Win XP Pro SP2

BigGreg85

I cant find a working emulator for Win XP Pro SP2....

I have tried Project64 and 1964, supposedly the two best out there...

what else would work?

thank you

greg

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
i have seen a lot of ppl having problem after installing the SP2, like _slow_ performance, or not working games that worked before, and most of these problems are related to the video card drivers, try reinstalling them.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
SP2 hasn't effected me at all funnily enough.

Perhaps Microsoft have sabotashed the SP for illegal copies ;) (Probably not lol)

If you have problems, downgrade for heavens sake, uninstall it, rid yourself of it once and for all.

4real

Not had any problems at all after my install of Sp2 on Winxp home original copy.

I just did the update from microsoft and it seem's ok to me no problems at all.

willljjj

Banned
Doomulation said:
Does not. In your opinion, maybe, but it doesn't suck.

Well my opinion in this case is based on over 10 installs, all of which lowered performance, decreased productivity, and gave major errors to wireless connections and networks at two seperate locations.

So, in my PROFESSIONAL opinion: It sucks.

I hope MS can continue to suck like this and forfeit more market share to linux. :D

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
SP2 works brilliantly here, however my last post in this thread remains true, if you don't like it, uninstall it. Everyone has their own opinion. nobody is forcing you to install SP2 however nobody cares that it doesn't work for you either.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
willljjj said:
Well my opinion in this case is based on over 10 installs, all of which lowered performance, decreased productivity, and gave major errors to wireless connections and networks at two seperate locations.

I hope MS can continue to suck like this and forfeit more market share to linux. :D
Me? Well, it works for me! Might be just the one problem I noticed after the installation, but I'm avoiding it.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
XP SP2 made my Logitech drivers stop working... I'm not sure why, but the drivers (and installer) wouldn't detect the gamepad, even when Windows would show the device in the Gamepads & Joystick control panel. This wouldn't be so bad if Windows hadn't switched the gamepad and left analog stick on me as well...

neoak

Triforce of Something...
willljjj said:

It seems you don't know how to install XP and SP2. I have been running flawless since i upgraded. I like SP2 more than SP1. I prefer Win2000 w/SP4, but use XP for my gaming rig, so...

And if you don't like MS, then STOP using Windows. If you think SP2 gives problems, just try a kernel update in Linux. NO FUN!

SigmaXIX

You've only installed SP2 on 10 computers?!?!!? AHAHHAHAH. well, from my real-world IT experience and over 100s of successful deployments of SP2, I must say it never broke my N64 emulators!