What's new

N64 Emulation Satisfaction...

Reaper

Im new to the N64 emulation scene (but not new to emulation). Im having trouble getting about 50% of the games to run properly (the 50% I want to play). Perfect Dark, Pokemon Stadium2, Wetrix,Guantlet Legends and Mario party to name a few.

I have downloaded the latest PJ64 (1.5) and I have the following Emulators also

Nemu 8
mupen640.1
Ultrahle2064
Ultrahle
Corn
1964 0851
Suprahle (?) spelling may be wrong their.

I have a whole host of plugins that I got down for GPU, SPU, Glide and input.

Some examples of the problems I am experiencing are PS2 (incorrect graphics appearing in boxes and poor text quality) I did note that PJ64 states this rom has grahics issues (would a plugin fix this ?)
Wetrix - the menu graphics are buggy and the game runs too fast.
Gauntlet legends - The game runs at 4fps.

I wont waffle on about what is wrong with all of them though.

My sys specs are

AMD 1.2ghz
Geforce 3 Ti200 (latest WinXP whql drivers)
SB Live Value (latest Unidriver pack)
Win XP Pro SP1 With all the latest updates.
Direct X 9
I own a Gravis Eliminator Gamepad which works great.

Do you guys have any plugin/Emulation suggestions to get the most from the emultor?

Which one do you recommend...I have so far found Pj64 1.4 and 1.5 to work well.

Thanks for any help !

1) For Pokemon Stadium 2, you have to use Jabo's 1.40 or older + RSP plugin to play it correctly.
2) Are you sure you tried all games with all the plugins (Jabo's 1.5 is excellent for your videocard but you can also try Rice's Daedalus for video and there are some other good ones too)?
3) If you still are experiencing problems with this, please post a screenshot.

scotty

The Great One
Although Jabo's D3D7 V1.4 works good, the D3D6 V1.5 is still better and the most stable gfx plugin out there.

There are a few exeptions where you need to use an older version to play:

Starfox (1.40)
Mariokart (1.40)
South Park Rally (1.20b)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (1.40)

That are the exceptions I know (maybe a few others).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
mightyrocket said:
There are a few exeptions where you need to use an older version to play:

Starfox (1.40)
Mariokart (1.40)
South Park Rally (1.20b)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (1.40)

That are the exceptions I know (maybe a few others).

thankyou for that answer. very sorry to take this OT (if i am) but, Starfox and Mkart are just the pausing thing right?

Last edited:
OP
R

Reaper

Thanks for your responses :)

I have tried Jabo 1.4 and 1.5 with PS 2 and neither work 100%. I will try and get a screen shot to post so u can see what I mean.

I havent tried every plugin combo for the ones I have currently. When I inserted a couple of plugins into PJ64 (I forget which ones) it gave me errors when I tried to swap plugins or change plugin settings.

Note : that didnt happen for all the plugins I tried.

Seamus Rosen

For gauntlet legends in project 64, you're probably going to have to swap back and forth between direct 3d HAL and RBG emulation mode, if it runs too slowly. (direct HAL, while faster, doesn't display menus properly). I had similar problems with my 600mhz rage fury maxx II machine, and that was the best (well, only, really) solution I could come up with.