What's new

N64 Emulation Help Centre

cs1323

:pj64:
I just have a couple of questions regarding Pj 64, uh my normal frame rate is way over 60 fps, actually in full screen mode it works best with Super Mario 64 at a steady 300 fps, but when i play games like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, which the fps is 100, it still acts wack. What is the problem here anyways, my comp is a 1.3 ghz and i have 368 mb of ram n' i think it comes with a video card with Xp. It may be something obvious but i need someone's opinion. btw is there any type of other software that may help my video besides directx?

Hmmm, while im asking all these questions, how do you get a screen shot in here with the bottom part showing the fps and cpu speed? i only get the main pic, so i can show you my fps....

-XAgent_ToXiCiTy
USWest Battle.net :cool:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
To take a picture of it in windowed mode is press alt+print screen and paste into an art program like paint then save.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The speed sync is probably disabled. Hit F4 to enable. Or select "synd audio" in the audio plugin configuration. This should sync the speed if it goes too fast.

OP
C

cs1323

hmm, do you mean fps limit possibly? cause if this is unchecked the game, well obvioulsy goes fast, but what im sayin is everyone says their normal fps is 60 but mine is 300, but its just fine though. The more fps the happier? ..lol....uh..right...

Doomulation

cs1323 said:
hmm, do you mean fps limit possibly? cause if this is unchecked the game, well obvioulsy goes fast, but what im sayin is everyone says their normal fps is 60 but mine is 300, but its just fine though. The more fps the happier? ..lol....uh..right...
Typical, yes. But to limit the speed to 60 is actually a good idea. It's the purpose, because all games should run at that speed.

rikus

comdlg.ocx ...know that file?
that's the error i get running the utility on your signature-'emulation utility'

Doomulation

rikus said:
comdlg.ocx ...know that file?
that's the error i get running the utility on your signature-'emulation utility'
Visual Basic 6.0 run-time needed to run it. Check the faq on the site if it still doesn't work.

rikus

yep, checked it, that file is down for download, meaning its copyrighted or they forgot to update the link.
if you got it, or know where to get it ...
also, i have visual c++ microsoft 6 you think it might be on the disk..umm stupid question i'll check it too.

Doomulation

rikus said:
yep, checked it, that file is down for download, meaning its copyrighted or they forgot to update the link.
if you got it, or know where to get it ...
also, i have visual c++ microsoft 6 you think it might be on the disk..umm stupid question i'll check it too.
The link is working now, afaik