What's new

N64 Animal crossing graphics problem

qwwq

acglitch.jpg

There is a graphics glitch in the menu, which is the only glitch i can find with the graphic plugin that came with project 64 for this game that i can find, besides the parts where it takes 5 seconds to load the maps and the menu's and letters and stuff like that.

OP
Q

qwwq

it sais undecided. frezes when reentering house? but it doesn't. the only time it froze was when i tried to play a nes game

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
AFAIK, most games that have some original [retro] game hidden (or its unlockable etc.) have problems when you try to play these older games.

MooglyTwo

$5 says that these "retro" games make heavier use of the currently-uploaded microcode, and/or upload a new microcode for the duration of play, which naturally wouldn't be supported by an emulator that doesn't (yet) emulate the RSP properly at all times.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MooglyTwo said:
$5 says that these "retro" games make heavier use of the currently-uploaded microcode, and/or upload a new microcode for the duration of play, which naturally wouldn't be supported by an emulator that doesn't (yet) emulate the RSP properly at all times.
That's $5 well spent.

MooglyTwo

What proof do you have that my theory is not the case? HCS's Neon64, a NES emulator for the N64, uses rather well-written custom microcode to emulate the majority of the features on the RSP rather than tying up the main processor. Animal Crossing emulates the NES games that are available in the game, so it's not all that far-fetched of an idea to consider that perhaps Nintendo got to that idea first.

Clements

Smiff said:
probably missing framebuffer effect .. not in gamefaq?

Ya, doesn't appear to be. Looks to be framebuffer, here is the effect working in Direct64: