What's new

N00bie help

The Savior

I just got started with N64 Emulation, and I'm having a couple of problems. I'm using Jabo's 3d6 1.5 for my video plugin, and the resolution of sprites drops dramatically from the actual N64 version. Also, in areas where there's lots of sprites together, (specifically the screen on Perfect Dark where it says all the copyright stuff) it seems that each image is a bit too large, and they overlap. I've tried the latest version if Rice, but it runs very choppy. Any help would be appreciated.

Clements

Rice's Daedalus does display the text a bit better, but has many more problems. You could use Jabo's D3D7 1.4 (it's a shade better at displaying the text, not by much) but this breaks other things like the menus, or play around with various resolutions to improve things. This is a very minor issue compared to other missing effects such as lens effects and motion blur.

OP
T

The Savior

You're right about it being a minor thing, but I was just wondering if there's a way to fix it. If there's not, it doesn't mean that I won't enjoy the games, of course.

revl8er

That Damn Good
As of now, there isn't a way to fix it. Just wait for other plugins to come along that can fix these issues.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Here's how to fix it:
Open the folder with Jabo's GFX in it.
Drag it to the recycle bin.
Empty the recycle bin.
Code your own plugin that does it right.

Yeah, i'm a sarcastic prick today :)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
nephalim said:
Here's how to fix it:
Empty the recycle bin.

Is it OK to flame yourself? :p

OP
T

The Savior

nephalim said:
Here's how to fix it:
Empty the recycle bin.

:rolleyes: Hehe.