What's new

n0$gba 2.3a

Urameshi Yusuke

Class SS Youkai
Just a question: do you guys have the same problem as me?
Whenever I try to change the emulation setting ( for example, the keys or the speed) and want to save these setting, an error message is displayed and the emulator closes. :unsure:

probably the ini is read-only, click in proprieties and see.

Ryuran

The Overseer
Great work !!! I'm really impressed to see how DS Emulation is advanced...

I have tested Children od Mana and its almost perfect, just some speed issues during the intro (2%-16% arghh ^^), but ingame it runs fine (90%-100%).

Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time is running 100%+ ingame. The battle sequences and the main menu are slow and the sprites are all transparent in battle.

Good luck developing the next version ^^

Ody

Nope it is not the .ini file problem. I'll try to redownload it.
Thanks for the help :)

ssjSoulstar

On a sidenote.... Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow is still glitchy, and now has some of the text fixed, but imagery for Soma and info images (Encyclopedia info) are still askew. Other than that, it runs slow at 10% and now the storyline roll is working...

Ryuran

The Overseer
BTW, I can't save the emulator settings too. I don't have a ini file on my n0$gba folder, just an .INP file.

ssjSoulstar

Well the only downside I noted is SNA functions don't work on NDS games... And my personal problem with some GBA games have mysteriously been resolved with this new release! :D Wish I could send him a thanks for getting a new update out before the new year already.

spotanjo3

2.3a version here:

Look! Finally, we are able to see the touchscreen on the bottom but the lines will be reduce a little bit in the next version or so. AWESOME! :D

ENJOY the screenshots:

Phoenix Wright

1yn4.jpg

Gyakuten Saiban 2

2la1.jpg

3bk7.jpg

no save yet. :)

Last edited:

D2bro

0557 - Mega Man ZX (USA)(Legacy) - All logos but when the game starts... Black Screen
Too Bad, I wish I could play it in no$gba :(

Lazureus

(Copied from the sticky thread)

0088 - Advance Wars - Dual Strike (U)(Lube) works without firmware.bin. However, you cannot battery save. Also, you must wait at least 2 minutes with a black screen before the game actually starts

Edit: A few other glitches. The top screen title screen shows up as a green BG instead of a continuation of the bottom screen's continental view graphics.

While you can see the ground/mountains/forests of the bottom, properties and cursor do not show up on the bottom screen at all, clouds and movement/firepower area tiles show up as solid blue opaque areas. During a battle where the 3D landscape is visible, the game slows down quite a bit.

Dialogue during the campaign randomly doesn't respond to the A button to speed up the text appearing.

Sound doesn't work, it just makes staticy sounding noise the whole time.

Other than this, though, the game is somewhat playable. Though hard to do since you can't see where the cities and bases and HQs are on the bottom screen map>.> You can, however, click around and look at the top screen intel to see what you have selected, though!

This is in NO$GBA 2.3a with BIOSNDS9 and 7, but NO firmware.bin.

Last edited:

diabloturkey

Hurray for a new version! Seems the SD Gundam G Generation DS problem got fixed when they added sound. Too bad the sound is far too staticy to actually contribute to the game (which is a shame because the game doesnt let you move on without the sound -_-). Oh and theres no save, if anyone wanted to know...(tumbleweed rolls by)

Oh and yes this is No$GBA 2.3 w/out firmware.bin ^.^

spotanjo3

I am able to move on with my joystick and touchscreen . Yes you will need to use touchscreen to tell them where to go. I think you will need firmware.bim to make it work. You are right about one thing..no save. :)

Low Lines

*cries endlessly*

I noticed the USA version of Yoshi's Island 2 has been dumped....downloaded it immediately and opened it up in Normmatt's Desmume.....Played brilliantly right up until after the intro with all the Yoshi's *cries more* stupid save screen......I so want the game and what's more it comes out on my birthday too in Australia *curls up into a ball and sobs pathetically* I was so excited it looks so cool even if they changed it a fair bit in comparison to the SNES game.....

Oddly, it doesn't even run on No$GBA, too bad :p means I'll have to wait until after christmas as a large sum of my money is going towards a Wii and Zelda Twilight for the Dec 7th release (yay!!!! ^_^)

Man I got so much catching up to do these holidays :p I just have to hope everybody is as slack as always LOL save me doing too much work :p

Fullmetal Alchemist goes ingame (character portaits flicker, their position on screen jumps back and forth) but I was fiddling with the sound options which ended up crashing the emulator but it when ingame and was playing a lovely speed :p

spotanjo3

Do not worry about it, Low Lines. It will equally emulated Game Card fully in the near future. Just enjoy your NDS lite for now. :);)

ninja1

heya guys (nolines/rockmangames), long time no see ^^, was wondering around like usual and saw a nice update was released on no$gba, so figured i would try to update ur list a bit :p
no screenshots cause for some reason prt screen is chrashing no$gba for me :<

0002 - Need For Speed - Underground 2 (U)
works only during the race the upper screen is upside down and it is a bit slow

0003 - Yoshi Touch & Go (U)
Seems to work perfectly

0004 - Feel the Magic - XY-XX (U)
a little bit slow but works perfectly (YAY NO MORE FLASHES! :D)

0005 - WarioWare Touched! (U)
Works till select the hand thingy, than stays black (prolly needs longer testing :p)

0006 - Polarium (U)
Works perfectly, who would have thought that :p

0012 - Asphalt - Urban GT (U)
Black screens on start up, prolly needs longer testing. or got a bad dump (aint sure how to check that)

0017 - Ridge Racer DS (U)
unable to create save error, besides taht works perfectly

0019 - Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits (U)
Cant see the blocks

0022 - Super Mario 64 DS (E)
Works with minor graph glitches, just slow, that and the top screen is upside down :p

0023 - Star Wars Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith (E)
some few graphic glitches (amongst those is that the top screen is upside down) but besides taht it works
Mind epileptic people, the screen is flashing quite a bit, not very intense but still

0024 - Robots (E)
works perfectly, the shadows are a bit glitchy and ya can save!
almsot forgot the weapon screen aint displaying properly (mostly white while it should be textured)

0026 - Pokemon Dash (U)
Some graphic glitches, ya can see pikachu now, but not the track XD

0029 - GoldenEye - Rogue Agent (U)
after a while of loading at the 3 day ago... it sais touch the screen at which point it freezes

0034 - Zoo Keeper (U)
works perfectly

0043 - Spider-Man 2 (U)
It goes very slow on the menu aint sure if it is playable and chrashes my no$gba

0045 - The Urbz - Sims In The City (U)
Light blue screens at startup (bad dump?)

0047 - Rayman DS (U)
goes black after the menu

0052 - Another Code - Two Memories (E)
few minor graphic glitches and fairly slow.

0060 - Meteos (U)
Graphic glitches, the tertris thingies are bit bright but works

0062 - Madagascar (U)
Black screen after the menu

0071 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory (U)
Seemed to work, but freezes in training

0079 - Bomberman (E)
Saving seems to work (didnt give any error, havent tried loading)
Works perfectly :), besides thtat the buttons look a bit hyper

0080 - Nanostray (U)
it chrashes my no$gba XD

enough testing for today :p, will post new test results tommorow prolly :party:

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Garaku Tale (J) - Fully Playable, slow and save.

Hi Ninja1,

Cant see the blocks

some few graphic glitches (amongst those is that the top screen is upside down) but besides taht it works
Mind epileptic people, the screen is flashing quite a bit, not very intense but still

What do you mean ? It is perfectly fully playable and slow to me but some 3-D issues which appears later. :)

Star Wars Episode III - Fully playable and there is no upside down to me and the characters are a little bit stutters but everything is fine.

Urameshi Yusuke would you please attempt the concept of "an informative and greater than 5 or 6 words post". Because that is pure spam. :evil:

Last edited:

ninja1

Garaku Tale (J) - Fully Playable, slow and save.

Cant see the blocks
Fairly simple to explain on this one, it just aint showing the block during singleplayer (for me atleast ><)

when it shows teh starwars mark and tells teh story it is upside down ><after that it corrects iself