What's new

My save folder's contents mysteriously vanished

Speyeker

I'm sorry if there's already been a topic about this, but I searched, and I couldn't find one.

So yeah, out of the blue a few days ago the folder in which all of my Project 64 saves (both battery and freeze state) are kept was suddenly clear of all its contents. I noticed this when I loaded up Mega Man 64 and my data wasn't there. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, um, were you by any chance able to recover what you lost? I'm doubting it, but I guess it's worth asking anyway....

Coredo

Nolife
I doubt they've just vanished, maybe the culprit's one of your family members? >_>

Anyway, I doubt it will fix anything but using Windows Restore is is probably worth the shot.

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Check your directories. Maybe yours save files don't go into save? I had a problem like this. So I did a restart and they were back.

OP
S

Speyeker

Actually, yeah, when the data file wouldn't load, my first thought was to find where all the saves (both freeze states and battery saves) are kept. So I went to Project 64's options, and it said that both types of save files are stored in the Save folder in the Program Files folder of my computer's Local Disk. And yeah...that's the folder whose contents vanished. :( Thanks for the suggestion though, but yeah, I did check my directories.

As for Windows Restore...good idea. I didn't think of that, and I'll definitely try it. Thanks! :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
System Restore won't restore deleted files...
If they aren't in the recycle bin, you can still try an undelete program. Beware that the more you write to your hard disk, the worse the chance that you can recover that which you've lost. Most undelete software is sadly also commercial.

OP
S

Speyeker

I don't know if it's even worth it. It's not like I really lost THAT much...I mean, I don't think it'll take too long to get back to where I was in Mega Man 64. But thanks for all your help, everyone!