What's new

My roms are running at a low FPS - Even Mario 64!

darel_parker

It's weird. I've been using Project 64 for months, and didn't have any trouble at all. I went a few weeks without using it, and when I tried it again, every game was running slow. Even Mario 64 runs at a mere 40 FPS.

I can't find any logical reason for this to be happening. I'm using all the original Jabo plug-ins, my computer exceeds the minimum requirements, and I returned all the settings to their original status.

Does anyone know what the problem could possibly be?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well the problem could be that you installed some new drivers that don't go well with the plugins. It could also be that you switched some settings around.

Quvack

khanmeister said:
Try 1964. It's better anyway. :D

Thats a stupid reply, his question was regarding project64, not your opinion on an emulator, which wont solve anything.

Anyways, as 'Mystic Gohan' said, it could be a driver or something else you've changed on your system, you might also want to try Uninstalling Project64 using the registry keys in your Uninstall folder and re-installing.

Trotterwatch

Another thing that could have happened is you messing about with something like the RSP and setting it to Interpreter instead of Recompiler.

Anyways removing settings like above should fix the prob for you.

khanmeister

Banned
Quvack said:
Thats a stupid reply, his question was regarding project64, not your opinion on an emulator, which wont solve anything.

Anyways, as 'Mystic Gohan' said, it could be a driver or something else you've changed on your system, you might also want to try Uninstalling Project64 using the registry keys in your Uninstall folder and re-installing.

I feel your frustration, but I think it is improperly aimed. ;) 1964 emulates more games, more accurately. As far as "just getting the job done", it's the way to go. Particularly if he hasn't tried it yet.

PJ64 is a fine emu. I'm not bashing it. ATM it is behind 1964 in overall compatiblity and performance, however, so for all practical purposes (except maybe mario golf) I'd say just shine it and go use 1964.

That's all I was saying.

:peace:

Trotterwatch

khanmeister said:
I feel your frustration, but I think it is improperly aimed. ;) 1964 emulates more games, more accurately. As far as "just getting the job done", it's the way to go. Particularly if he hasn't tried it yet.

PJ64 is a fine emu. I'm not bashing it.
That's all I was saying.

:peace:

I'd actually have to disagree, compatibility wise both are incredibly similar. And more accurate? As far as I can see both are extremely accurate. Perhaps examples where 1964 is more accurate than PJ64 would stop me from reaching the conclusion you have just made these stats up :p lol

Now, yes it is worth him trying out 1964 too (which is a fantastic emulator). But theirs no need to deride another fantastic emulator in the process.

ATM it is behind 1964 in overall compatiblity and performance

Compatability is debatable, performance, yeah I'd give you that one.