What's new

My PJ64 1.5 won't work... but it used to...

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
I have a problem, my Project 64 1.5 worked just fine, I was happy as I could now play my favourite game, F-Zero X. But one day I came back to open up PJ64 1.5, and it game up with an error saying, "failed to allocate memory". I tryed installing it again but it no longer wants to work. >_< My PJ64 1.4 still works fine though. Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I'm dying here. :cry:

Thanx.

-The Skull

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
I didn't get exactly what you ment so I deleted the files in the uninstall folder but it still doesn't work... :cry: Did I do what you said wrong?...

Geoz

De Master
:plain: i had the same problem but i fixed it
:) and it works fine now!
(must have 2 users!
1. open pj64 1.5
2. the error will cum up
3.leave it running then switch user
4.start up ur other one (which will work did for me)
the wipe all the registry file in the uninistall section
5.& finally restart the comp

i had the same prob>_< (exactly & out of the blue) and now it works perfect!
hope that helps i had windowz XP
Geoz:)

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
Well I've got Xp. But I only have one user... should I make another one temporarily?

Geoz

De Master
i thought u had xp...

:) I had two user on my comp (one waz guest)
and pj 1.5 waz installed after that. on the c:\ drive
i sugest u try it...seeing as no other suggestions have been put forward...:plain:

if all else fails then i got plan b<_< ready to use & it does not involve wiping ur hard drive!

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
Uh... what file do I delete, do I delete:

A: remove all Project64 settings

B: remove Project64 application settings

C: remove Project64 plugins settings

Thats all thats in my uninstall folder apart from to text things...

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
Theres a catch... when I double click on them when i'm in the guest account they say this error "Cannot import C:\Mr1A69~1.GAM\N64\PJ641~1.5\UNINST~1\REMOVE~1.REG: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes." What the heck... it works if I do it in the main account though... Please help Geoz I'm stuck, well please help anyone for that matter.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Don't switch user. Just run those in your main account without switching. That will delete the registery (the program entries).

Geoz

De Master
:) yep thats what i ment (from ur current account!)
1. my pj 1.5 was installed on the c:\ drive
2. install it to the c:\ THEN try what i said before
btw the same error will cum up anyway but that doesnt matter!

C:\Mr1A69~1.GAM\N64\PJ641~1.5\UNINST~1\REMOVE~1.REG: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes."

u got the error cos guest user doesnt have thprivalges to access ur acount...

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
Uhh...errr... so do I do what I did before except the other way around?

What I don't get Geoz is you said to install it on my C:\ drive... course it's installed on my C:\ drive.

But you guys said don't switch user... than if i dont siwtch user how could i do what you said?

Last edited:

Geoz

De Master
ok lets start from the start!

1.) u install to the c:\pj64 1.5
2.) it stops working
3.)u want the problem fixed:

1.) start pj...the error will cum up
2.) leave it running...
3.) wipe the setting via the uninstall folder by 2ble clicking on the all...
4.) switch user NOT logoff! (2 leave pj running) then go to guest or whatever...
5) restart the comp from there then try it 1 of them should work...
:happy: Geoz

Trotterwatch

Steps to take:

Install PJ64
Go to uninstall folder and double click on each of the entries, and then delete the folder
Reboot
Reinstall PJ64
Play

Don't know why Geoz is telling you to switch accounts etc, it shouldn't really be neccessary.

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
IT DOESN"T WORK :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I did what you said exactly and it doesn't work (in both accounts) :cry: :cry:

And your probably not coming back until tomorrow :cry: :cry:

.... I just tried your idea trotterwatch.... AND IT DOESN"T WORK ARHHHHHHHHHH *RIPS OUT HAIR AND RUNS AROUND THE ROOM AND UP WALLS AND ON THE ROOF THEN BANGS HIS HEAD REPEATIDLY ON THE KEYBOARD!* It's nevver going to work. *sits in a corner and crys* :cry: :cry:

Last edited:

Geoz

De Master
:plain: ok plan b...
start menu/all programs/Accessories/System tools/System restore/
restore ur settings at atime when pj64 waz working

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
Uhhh.... I'd really not prefer to do that... as my dad would get really agro..... Is there a plan C?

BTW, Geoz, do you have msn or something because I could tell you what I did exactly and correct the problem and it would be so much easier.

Geoz

De Master
yep i got msn...
system restore doesnt remove any file from ur comp it just replaces any settings that u changed and put back files u or anyone else deleted...

Geoz

De Master
:plain: plan C:
make a new user and start from scratch (probably the worst option...)
i.e go make 1 now redownload pj (and install it) and try run it from there (this hopefully should work cos it will create a sort of netrual user with no setting that could have crashed or created that error u have...)

then transfer all ur work files etc to the new 1 and start a new and create a concious log of everything u change
dont bother doing the above paragraph if pj STILL dont work...
:plain: Geoz

OP
The Skull

The Skull

F-Zero Racer
Geoz said:
yep i got msn...

Would you mind telling it to me. that would be a help. If you don't wanna post it here just pm it to me. And then when I add you it'll tell you so yea.

I'm not really sure if I wanna do plan c. Hopefully we'll discuss over msn how to make plan A work...