What's new

My P64 Crashes

EchoX860

Hello, I am using Glide64 Naplam WX WIP Date: November 17th 2010 as my Graphics Plugin because I'm trying to use Djipi's Celda Textures which are loaded into the Plugin/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder. I have everything I need I believe. They're (what I think) are the latest plugins of Glide64.dll, Glide64.ini, GlideHQ.dll in my Plugin folder and Glide3x.dll in my Main Folder. I also have the Rice Video Plugins as well: RiceVideo.dll, RiceVideo6.1.0, and RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll in my Plugins folder.

However when I go into the Settings tab, I get an error that says RiceVideo6.1.3DX9 can't be found even though I see it in my Plugins Folder. It ran fine last night, I managed to beat the first Boss, but when I saved and shut down P64 and went to open it up again later it wouldn't load. Everything is fine until I go to load a Rom then it Grays out and crashes. Please help, I've looked for hours on Google and other sites. Also, I ran a GLTest and they were all "No"

I'm using
Project64 1.6
ATI Radeon 4200HD
4GB Ram
Windows 7 HP
HP Pavilion AMD Athlon Quad Core 2.6Ghz
DirectX: 11

Last edited:
R

raganinjo

Use Jabo's video plugins only,because other video plugins are for 1964 emulator and don't fully suported with Project64.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use Jabo's video plugins only,because other video plugins are for 1964 emulator and don't fully suported with Project64.
No.

Glide64 works just fine. Rice probably not so much, IIRC it's not that it's incompatible with Project64, it's just buggy. But what would I know.

@ EchoX: If GLTest says all the tests were "No", then I reckon you have a serious problem with your graphics card drivers. When was the lat time you've updated your ATI drivers?

Last edited:
OP
E

EchoX860

This morning. I'm using the latest one that came in with Windows Updates. which was released in September 09. I reformatted my PC to see if that'll help anything

Last edited:
OP
E

EchoX860

Updated the Catalyst Control Center which comes with a new Display Driver 10.12. Still doesn't work

OP
E

EchoX860

GAH! It's working now!! I don't know what I did, it's loading all the textures as we speak, however it's only at 18fps, when it worked before it was as a much higher fps.

According to this, the version I have of Glide3x was last edited on 6/16/2010, Glide64.dll on 11/16/2010, Glide64.ini today and GlideHQ on 4/18/2010. I hope those are the latest. Thanks for the help

Last edited: