What's new

My N64 ROM list in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lizard Blade said:
Wow flow, how much did it cost to buy all of those N64 cartridges so you could have semi-legitimate backup copies of them?

it cost him like $70 and like 65498456465165169 minutes :)

scotty

The Great One
DiaBlo6662 said:
it cost him like $70 and like 65498456465165169 minutes :)

lol That is funny, but man why would a person want to have every single game, plus all the versions. I dont get it, I beleive the rule is that you only download what you own (even though no one does), but I think that is overdoing it.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
scotty said:
lol That is funny, but man why would a person want to have every single game, plus all the versions. I dont get it, I beleive the rule is that you only download what you own (even though no one does), but I think that is overdoing it.

Actually, the real rule is you must make the backup copy yourself.
Also, both must never be in use at once, and they are "tied" together.

Clements

scotty said:
lol That is funny, but man why would a person want to have every single game, plus all the versions.

An N64 emu tester (like flow``) would ideally have every rom, and with modern hard disks being large in size, it wouldn't be too space consuming. Most users (including myself) just download the games they enjoy, and more often than not, are games they originally had on the real N64 (Well my case anyway)

scotty

The Great One
Clements said:
An N64 emu tester (like flow``) would ideally have every rom, and with modern hard disks being large in size, it wouldn't be too space consuming. Most users (including myself) just download the games they enjoy, and more often than not, are games they originally had on the real N64 (Well my case anyway)

I only download the ones I play, why should I have all those versions. Ok Clements I am a dummy, I never thought about him being an emu-tester would require all that. This shows my limited knowledge of programming, thats why I never got into computer programming, or making my own emulator

Allnatural

Sometimes it's just about mindless collecting. I don't have the complete N64 set, but I have more games than I'll likely ever play. I do have complete sets for the NES, SMS, SNES, and Genesis, and I know I'll never play all of those. It's nice knowing I could though, and I've "discovered" some very cool games I knew nothing about before emulation. :)

flow``

flow``
yeah pretty much just mindless collecting and helping a friend find a rom he might need to test on the fly.

i might play like .. 10 roms for 5 mins when a new emulator or plugins comes out just to check it out. thats about it :p

Hyper19s

Banned
And some of those are 16mb 32mb and even 64mb unzipped
shhoooott im not even going to try !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thers no time to play games you wont even get the chance!!

flow``

flow``
thats why i have a second drive dedicated to the rom set.. :p

all roms are renamed with goodn64, sorted in directories, and byteswapped to v64 format.. also uncompressed

Flash

Technomage
flow`` said:
thats why i have a second drive dedicated to the rom set.. :p

all roms are renamed with goodn64, sorted in directories, and byteswapped to v64 format.. also uncompressed
But why uncompressed ? I have about 450Gb of total disk space but still don't like to trash hard drive with useless stuff
I have only 2Gb of n64 roms on hdd, rest on CDs as i don't play all my games at same time

scotty

The Great One
Flash said:
But why uncompressed ? I have about 450Gb of total disk space but still don't like to trash hard drive with useless stuff
I have only 2Gb of n64 roms on hdd, rest on CDs as i don't play all my games at same time

I have about 2.0 GB of overalll ROMS + programs:
880 MB is N64,
15 MB is NES,
185 MB is SNES,
20 MB is Commodore 64,
and then there is whatever else is left, including the emulators themself, which were not included in those ROM numbers
(Note: these numbers are approximate, excluding save files)
(Note: NES and SNES files are in .zip format, C64 and N64 are not)

Pointless

I think is kinda pointless to say "oh, i have ... millions of roms" or whatever, if i had a good connection id download thosusands in a sec, so what?, what really matters is if ya really play a rom and use it, coz thats the purpose of it, dumps are for being played, not for being stored as part of a stupid collection or some
:getlost:

flow``

flow``
try telling that to all the people who collect roms?

you think the goodtools were stricly for identifying roms? i dont think so..

Clements

I like collecting coins. There is no purpose of doing so, I don't need them. They're also probably worth nothing, but I still have fun collecting them. I believe the same applies to rom collecting. :robot:

Hyper19s

Banned
well heres what i got and im proud of it!!!!
All USA versoins
banjokazooie
beetle adventure racing
conkers bad fur day
cruisn usa
cruisn world
cruisn exotica
diddy kong racing
donkey kong 64
gameshark v3.3
kirby64 the krystal shards
mario kart 64
pokemon snap
rush 2
sanfransisco rush
starfox 64
supermario 64
top gear rally
yoshi's story
lengend of zelda ocarina of time
ocarina of time master qwest

And thats all peoples of emutalk:emutalk:

Sure...

flow`` said:
try telling that to all the people who collect roms?

you think the goodtools were stricly for identifying roms? i dont think so..

I'm a rom collector myself, i have like 300 snes roms, 70 or so n64 ones and so on, what i mean is that this shouldnt be some kinda competition "oh, oh, i have more roms than ya do", coz anyway is just a stupid thing to do since no ones gonna play all of those roms!!!
:geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.