What's new

My future computer for emulate GC =)

Clements

I'd lose the brand loyalty and judge by benchmarks alone, since they are the best indicator of performance. In gaming, a £150-odd AMD64 processor can compete with the £1000 extreme edition and run much, much cooler and have a lot less power draw, while a £300 AMD will destroy it:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2353&p=9

Have you heard about the Prescott heat problems? NVIDIA's nForce motherboards for AMD processors are extremely high quality, faster and better featured than any of the Intel-made boards. You also won't need to buy a whole new motherboard for dual-core with AMD unlike Intel. A lot has changed since the Pentium III days, and Intel lost it's performance crown as soon as the AMD64 came out and none of Intel's releases have changed this.

Last edited:

Gorgy

mongo51983 said:
Here's the way I look at this, the reason this person wants to play the Gamecube on the PC is the same reason we all want to play the emulators of the systems on the PC whether they be old systems or the new ones, you can't beat the graphic quality of what a great PC can deliver to these classic and current games on the emulators. Using the different options of HQ2,3,and 4X on old NES, SNES, GENESIS, and N64 games make it so much clearer compared to on a television, even one with HD compabilities still usually don't match a PC screen. I know that is the reason I perfer using emulators rather than the original systems.
Do you have the slightest idea how stupid that sounded? Buying a pc to play GameCube games that LOOK BETTER ON PC THAN ON THE GC??

GC-emulation is far from there, the graphics are messed up and the framerate is horrible.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Speaking that when the time comes it will look better. Although I tend to disagree with emulation being nicer than on the tv, that is what many people think.

Toasty

Sony battery
I can see why he'd want his PC to be capable of emulating a GC. I have an N64, but I always play 64 games on the emulator instead. Much higher resolution and a controller that doesn't feel like poking a stick in sand. The latter reason wouldn't apply to GC controllers, but the first would (even the HD output on a GC comes no where near that of a computer monitor). There are lot's of other neat things about emulators - cheats, retexturing, save states, digital quality screenshots, plus with emulators when I go on a trip I can bring all my systems and games with me on a few CDs instead of filling up my suitcase. GC emulation obviously hasn't matured yet, but when it does, I definitely will want to have a PC that can take advantage of it.