What's new

MVC2 crashes on "Capcom" screen

Glitcher

Today I tried out MVC2 (PAL) on Chankast .25 after failing miserably with the previous versions. To my delight, this version would actually run the game! Well, to an extent. Chankast crashes just after the announcer says "Capcom" on the Capcom logo screen. What's more is that the sky background is glitched up - black polygons litter the sides of the screen.

3D Analyze doesn't help, and I tried using both the selfboot CD and mounting the selftboot image with Daemon 3.29. My video card is pretty poor, but I can't change it on a laptop. So do you have any ideas how to get around this problem? I'm soooooo close to actually playing that game.

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

Is there no answer for this? I've got the "Sw Tnl" and "16bit zbuffer (without stencil)" options checked in 3D Analyze. Is that correct?

deatangel

hi m8, have put the capcom hack ton run it, i had the same problem, put if you put capcom hack, the game perfectly, but on second roud the game had crash for me

l00pus

deatangel said:
hi m8, have put the capcom hack ton run it, i had the same problem, put if you put capcom hack, the game perfectly, but on second roud the game had crash for me

I have similar crashes with the hack on if I have any of the Z write settings on. As soon as I turn those off all is well. 2 weeks ago I had issues with artifacts in the video and it turned out that my video card was going up :blush:

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

Yes, of course I have the Capcom hack on. If it's off, the game runs slower and it still crashes at the Capcom screen.