What's new

Mupen 0.4!!! We wants!

NeoNight

Clements said:
Who needs a dynarec? He He :p

I simply can't wait for the next release! It'll be damn fast since Mupen must have the fastest interpreter of any decent N64 emu! ;)

what video plugin is that?

Clements

Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 (you can tell from the incorrect sky :p ) Obviously not the plugin for Linux guys.

RomCal

Banned
Hacktarux said:
Hmm, i was planning to do a status update but i keep forgetting :p
Anyway, i'm doing major changes in the core like the dynarec..., that's why it takes time but i hope it'll be worth it in the end. So no release date planned yet.

Well why dont you start remembering. it will get your body going,or should I say your brain :stupid:

RomCal

Banned
Rented Mule said:
Holy shitballs...I just recovered from a quadruple bypass. Why you say!? I got worried and started eating a lot as days without a new Mupen release went by. 3 weeks ago I got a heart attack because I was way too fat...and the blood pressure skyrocketed because no progress on Mupen seemed to be happening.

The doc said to lay off the food...I said "I will, doc, I will, right after Hacktarux releases Mupen 0.4." And he was like "MUPEN 0.4 IS COMING OUT!? Jeebus, I've been waitin' for a new Mupen for a long time!" And I was like "I dunno, I hope so...or else my anxiety level will remain high and I won't stop eating."

Please...we needs it, preciousss.

OHH,Thats gotta be nasty. :puke:
oh and its Mupen64,not just mupen.get your words right

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

well i hope that Mupen 0.4 will be release on a near future but Hactarux take the time that he needs to do Mupen64 the best N64 emulator. Look this screenshot: it's Bio Hazard 2 (J version of resident evil 2) : it's nice !!! (rice 5.5.1, schibo sound plugin, jabo rsp and jabo input) and it runs as well as 1964 0.99. Mupen are going to be the best i think !!!!

The only problem is that jabo rsp is buggy and slow for the sound (horrible) but it's the only that can allow to display gfx correctly (1964 intern rsp doesn't work well (some gfx are missing) and hactarux rsp doesn't work for this game).

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
sammyboy said:
I never post twice in a row
See it... *lol*
Mupen64 .4 will b great, cause hac is a great coder and no N64 emulator is really working on (okay, the 1964 1.0 final but we will see, when it will b released & from my knowledge it's just a bug release), I'm just dreaming of a windows mupen with 200% perfect emulation, cheat search support, all supportet opcodes and many more like 64dd emulation and more...
Hac would can do it, if he had the time, only had 2 say his great glide wrapper.

mercury

The New Tetris

Hacktarux,

The main reason I was looking for an N64 emulator was "The New Tetris" for N64. I have the rom image, although it is really hard to find, but no emulator, windows or linux, will get it playable. I was surprised, because it really isn't a very complicated game, but maybe the development team was sloppy? It'd be awesome if you could handle all opcodes in that game, or at least get it playable and entertaining.

I usually use Linux at school (Mandrake so far, unfortunately), and Mupen64 is the only emulator i've found that even comes close to getting anything
playable on Linux. I'm sure a lot of people would be very happy to see a new release.

I'm about to be really poor =(, but let me know if there's anything I could do to help motivate you to get at it, coding or money...or my soul.