What's new

Multiple Questions -Please Help-

Sir Hiro

(The Two)
Am Using 1.6 and Playing LOZ OOT

Ok; I heard there is a way to save your game and re-start right from where you save instead of re-starting in link's house. How do you do this?

AND!!!!

How do i get the cheats extracted? i click it and click open with and open with... project 64 but project 64 opens and an error says "Failed to open file" So what do i do?

I am going to clean the house but when i get back i will respond to whoever posts.

Blacklord

Banned
U can use instant saves. U can use from ~ to 0 to designate the save slot u want to use (but ~ is recommended since it is the default) and press F5 to save and F7 to load.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Sir Hiro said:
How do i get the cheats extracted? i click it and click open with and open with... project 64 but project 64 opens and an error says "Failed to open file" So what do i do?
I'm having trouble understanding what you meant with this. Mind explaining in more detail?

OP
S

Sir Hiro

(The Two)
...There is the file... "PROJECT 64 CHT File" I double-click to open it and it asks to open with... so I choose from the list and select Project64. Then it opens up project 64 with a black screen loads and then an error pops up saying "Attempt To Open File Failed" and then the project 64 screen goes white... that's all that happens.. so how exactly do i open it?

and BlackLord when i go to system and save while playing OOT it says at the bottom of the window "Saved to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj.zip" so then i open the Project64 folder and go to save and then find the folder THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj.zip and extracted it and got a file called "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj" and if i go to Project64 and go to file Open rom and try and select this file it is not considered a rom and will not open so therefore I re-ask my question.. How do I save using Project64 so that I start in the same exact spot i saved in the game?

Blacklord

Banned
uh i told you to load the rom press f5 to save and F7 to load!!! Press F7!!! Don't open the save file!

Oh and Blacklord without caps L

OP
S

Sir Hiro

(The Two)
Ok thank you Blacklord it worked... i didn't understand at first -.-;

Ok now about my cheats problem....

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The cheat file is not something you open and load. First you open a rom, then you open the cheats window and enable/disable whatever cheats you want for that particular game.

Is this what you asked or am I just not getting your point?