What's new

MSN Messenger 7 Final Version has been released

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
That's it. Did you guys have find anything weird with it? Where I can find polygamy for this version? I can't find it on mess.be.

Note: If somebody starts an anti-microsoft comment here, I bet vamp will post his famous comic. :p

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
well I used it since saturday, but since yesterday its been crashin everytime i log onto it after afew seconds. So now ive gotta use windows messenger. My sis uses it too, but for sum reason on her comp it was crashin for a few days, and suddenly it started workin again!

smcd

Want multiple accounts simultaneously in a IM/chat service? use a client that doesn't give a damn (gaim, kopete, trillian, miranda-im) :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Msn Messenger + Windows Messenger? :saint:
Meh. I've been using this version for a long time, without many problems... although it was some time back.

Tweichzt

OMG FURRY LOLZ
It's fun making those emoticon sounds, i put in really anoying music and spam my contact's with them :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
After using MSN 7... I got so pissed off with all the ads I went back to Trillian :p

You even get ads on the bloody IM windows now "click here for new winks" (winks are highly annoying too).

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well I haven't seen it crash, but I can no longer voice chat with MSN Messenger 6.2 or Windows Messenger. We use the voice chat feature at work, and one of our new computer HAD to have it installed because microsoft won't let you download the older version. So then we had to go to the trouble of updating every computer in the company.

smcd

Ah well, it's a nifty site to dig up older versions of various programs (nothing illegal afaik) if you ever need them :)

2fast4u

Jaz said:
I use Adium X.

kopete here. used to be gaim but the latest version has an annyoing habbit of dropping messages that contain special characters, which really sucks when typing german. kopete is just as nice anyway.

smcd

You could try running the patch on an older version if you still have it, and then comparing the files for differences. Using the differences information, you should be able to patch the version 7 by yourself :)

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
The solution was in www.mess.be after all. Just click on "Mess Patch". This patch is sweet, it does a lot of things, not only polygamy

sheik124

Emutalk Member
I wanted to get 7, but not after my sister told me about these "wonderful" new features, one actually makes your fucking screen shake, sounds annoying to me\

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Nah, the screen doesn't shake, that option is called nudge, and it only makes your current conversation window shake...