What's new

Most recommended controller?

betamon

I'm using a ps2 controller and the analog stick doesn't work for some reason. Would it be best to buy a usb adapter for an original N64 controller? Just wondering, since the N64 controller is a bit older and I'm worried there might be problems with it's responsiveness.

Mark57Raider

Well, I would rather use a n64 usb adapter for the games, but i stick with a standard plug in your pc 4 axis-12 button usb game pad. It works pretty fine with some of the games i play.

casketizer

I am now using a GC controller which i find best, but before i used a PS2 controller too and it worked fine, try N-Rage plugin if you have problems with analog stick. Also some USB adapters are crap. For PS2 to USB the one from e-best (this one:http://www.ebest-shop.de/index/toppage/detail/oid/1128.html) is very good, it supports connecting Dualshock pads to PC and Xboxes.
I use the Dualshock for most PC Games and Emus except for N64 Emulation where i prefer the GC controller with this converter/adaptor:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5860693699

riles9262

My dissident is here...
I'm using a saitek p880 and it's great, much better than the thrustmaster dual power i had previously.

MI6CIA007

I used to use the Xbox controller I wired to have both the xbox connector and the USB. I found one better, the Xbox 360 controller. I use that n-rage plugin. so if you have one, I reccomend trying it.

OP
B

betamon

Powerlord said:
Have you pressed the Analog button located near the center of the controller?

Yeah. I don't know why it won't work. I've also tried the calibration in 'game controllers', but for some reason it won't recognize the analog stick there either. It must be the adapter, I don't know...

edit:

Actually, I've just tried the calibration through Windows again, and it recognized both analog sticks. Now, it just won't recognize anything within PJ64. And things would be so much easier in Ocarina of Time if I could just get this analog to work.

Last edited:

elektrixxx

I use a GameCube controller. The only problem is that there may be some awkwardness with the C-Stick if it is used for more than camera angles. Besides that, it's great!

DevilMayCry

I recommend the XBox 360 controller, you don't have to rewire nor buy any adapters and if you use the modified N-Rage plugin you get full vibration. Beware that only the wired controller works with computers, thw wireless is XBox only until/if MS releases a USB receiver.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I recommend a Saitek one, preferably the P2500 because it is like a ps2 controller but it has 6 buttons on the right side instead of 4 so it is appropriate for even genesis emulators.

OP
B

betamon

ScottJC said:
I recommend a Saitek one, preferably the P2500 because it is like a ps2 controller but it has 6 buttons on the right side instead of 4 so it is appropriate for even genesis emulators.

Yeah, that one's perfect. It has the 6 face buttons for perfect C-button configuration, and even Genesis, like you said. I'm definitely getting this one.
Thanks. :bouncy: