What's new

Most games runs slow on my rig

coolbgdog

I have an Intel celeron 2.4ghz, Ati Radeon 9600pro, 768mb ram ddr333 and the games I tried were slow. Marvel Vs.capcom 2 ran fine once I got to the selection screen and ingame the fps were 19-20fps. I've seen pics with fps at 60 or near that. I think its my intel celeron, should I just get a pentium 4 cpu? Soul Calibur was the same. 19fps isnt playable.

Last edited:
OP
C

coolbgdog

How is my settings wrong?

Chankast doesnt even have settings for me to change. The video is ntsc,capcom hack on and I mount the cdi image using alcohol 120. I then press file run and it comes on but once I start playing the game plays slowly. I dont see how my processor is too slow to handle chankast when its an 2.4ghz celeron. Yea I know celeron isnt too good but with 768 ram, and an Ati Radeon 9600pro I dont know whats wrong.

GCFreak

You're right, A celeron 2.4GHz is the problem. A celeron has it's Level 2 Cache so low it's naturally slow. In other words, throw out the celeron and get a Pentium IV. Celeron just isn't enough ;D.

@XdaywalkerX: Run the game in full screen mode at 60Hz. It should fix it.

OP
C

coolbgdog

Well I hope not by the time I get a pentium 4 chankast releases versions that works with celeron.

Last edited:

Blaz

Don't worry my friend, you can even wait and buy a pentium 17 13000 mhz if you want hahahaha :happy: !
I hope i' m wrong but it seems than not, so many time since the last release!
By the way!
Thanks to the authors!
Chankast is great!

OP
C

coolbgdog

I really wanted to play some chankast on my pc. A lot of users on here have a regular pentium 4 with an mx400 and get 50-60fps in some games. These pentiums cost soo much nowadays.

smcd

lodoss118 said:
chankast is dead we just need to force them to release the source and last build

Since it seems this is going to an opinion thread, here's mine:
I think you should shut up along with all the other idiots saying "T3H CHANKA IS DED" and what's this about "force them to release the source and last buid?" are you nuts? It's comments like this from people like you that REALLY piss off the people who are kind enough to offer their services. :yucky: