What's new

More fun Wii Questions!

Ok, so I tried to post this on the other forum that is listed in the FAQ of the dolphin emulator, but apparently even after registering it won't let me make a new topic. So... here I am.

Firstly, I have been attempting for months with no avail to get Twilight Princess to work, and I finally did this past week on my 32 bit vista laptop. I used revision 1590, and the Wii mote works as my mouse and I can run around and have a jolly good time.

BUT...

1) I can save games just fine, but when I load them my character cannot move. The wiimote does not move or work either when I load the game. I did get an error message once when booting the game and trying to load a game too quickly, would that message be any bit helpful, or do you think it is just a casual bug that I have to wait for a new revision to deal with?

2) I realize there is no good sound support for wii as of yet, but has anyone gotten it to work on TP? Detailed instructions on doing so would be wonderful, I looked around on the emuforums (the other one) but the dll files seemed to only work with old revisions.

Thanks to all who can help, Merry Christmas.

The answer to number 2 is no. If the game has no sound for you when you play the game then the game has no sound for any of us. It wouldn't make sense for there to be a setting for sound to work and then someone would have it turned off for some odd reason. If there were a setting to make sound work for this game then it would be already on and you would be hearing sounds. I'd say give them some more time and they just may get some more sound working on more games, they are doing some pretty good things with the emulator these days.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Such as? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while, and a short and sweet update is just what I need.