What's new

Monica´s Gang

parse

How well is Monica´s Gang recieved in you contry? Or you did never heard of?
Well, its an HQ here in Brasil, and it really sells well. Ya, I know it´s for children, but although I´m 25, it is still fun to read it...

OP
P

parse

Of course it´s but nobody from usa or other countries has heard of, even if it was released there...

A.I.

Banned
Man, i haven't got a clue bout the latest toon craze from Brazil. i'm still recovering from bloody Pokermon!

A.I.

Banned
Dude, call me old fashioned then. I'm outta touch with the latest stuff, you know what i mean?

All anime these days is Americanized crap (Got nothing against America, American dudes!) designed for kids to buy card games... They got no real plot, sterotype characters, cliche' dialogue with shoddy graphics. Wat happened to good old anime with real characters, storylines and vocab that was more than: 'Dude, you're going down!'

I'm not sayin Monica's gang or every show is like that but its getting that way. Its all mass marketed comercial drivel. Yeah, its for kids but then again you look at the stuff which was on when i was a kid, classic anime like Astro Boy, Star Blazers, City of Gold, they had real themes which you don't forget that stick with you to adult life.

You watch these shows like Dragon Z Ballz (whatever its called) and its all recycled fighting which becomes a blur cos theres no real substance, juz like reality T.V. Sorry to burst ya bubble kids but thats the truth, doesnt mean its not good entertainment but it certainly aint original. And games are becoming this way too cos they're based on the shows, of course.

And yeah, my vocab is meant to be ironic... :doh:

BTW, sorry if i went a little off topic but i had to get it off my chest. Cant anyone see that there is nothing original anymore? :(

WhiteX

Monica´s gang came out of the author watching his kids playing with the neighbours kids on his street, his older kid, Monica was very bossy and his younger one, Magali, was verey eager to eat all sorts of things, there was a kid next door that changed "R" with"L" while speaking, another one had the mother chase him on bath time and so forth.

The dude than made characters with exagerated features based on those kids.

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
I think this is one of the "advantages" of living in an developing country, we absorb many things from other cultures, but the same does not occur with most developed countries, at least not in the same scale.

A.I.

Banned
Monica´s gang came out of the author watching his kids playing with the neighbours kids on his street, his older kid, Monica was very bossy and his younger one, Magali, was verey eager to eat all sorts of things, there was a kid next door that changed "R" with"L" while speaking, another one had the mother chase him on bath time and so forth.

The dude than made characters with exagerated features based on those kids.

Sounds like Rugrats... ;)