What's new

Missing Inputs Problem?

delatroy

Hello all,
I'm new to Demu so pardon my ignorance if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it by searching.

I'm have a PS2 keyboard (PS2 interface as opposed to usb - not talking about a playstation 2 keyboard), using Demu's "dinput" API on Port A setup as "Controller". I've disabled all other controllers in ports B,C and D.

I want to try the Dreamcast Super Street Fighter 2 XJ's training mode on Demu which works fine except for the input problem. I've been playing this game on Final Burn Alpha with the same keyboard with no problem for so I'm keenly aware of an input problem if one exists.

The problem is that it I cannot do certain moves through demu that I can no problem with Final Burn.

For example, the 180 motion (left, down left, down, down right, right) + any punch button with Dhalsim should do a yoga flame but for the life of me I cannot get it to come out through Demu. The 90 motion + any punch works fine so I believe that it's some combination of inputs that aren't being picked up on the emulator level, on the Dreamcast system level or on the input plugin level.

I've tried various plugins and combinations to no avail - same result everytime. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or experience with this kind of (apparent) input problem.

Any ideas / suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited: