What's new

minor glitch

rawrs

k on the Legend of zelda MM the item menu lags and drags across the screen a bit its nothing major just want to know how to fix it

Iconoclast

The Glide64 graphics plugin should be just fine for emulating the game. The problem most likely lies within your video card. You'll just have to upgrade it if you want to really play this game.

OP
R

rawrs

Well either is a win lose situation. With glide64 all the little glitchs are gone like the audio lags a little in town and the menu works fine and doesn't require me opening it twice, but the graphics look they they have been dumbed down the clocktower is completly gray instead of the tannish gray color and the ground outside has no grass design is just a mix of greens. With gl64 the graphics look just as they did on the n64 version with a few minor graphic glitchs which come and go in a few seconds but the zelda cutsence is comletey cut out for me for some reason but other ones aren't the audio lags a bit but nothing major i wish i could use the gl64 without the glitchs is there a software or certain options i should check or uncheck in the video and audio menus?

Last edited:

Kirbster

Hey, sorry for mentioning it in this thread (Figure it's easier than starting a new thread), but, as I'm sure this may have been mentioned a few times, the Lens of truth won't work at all in Majora's mask. Everything else (in Glide64) works fine, and when I try to use the lens in glN64 mode in the area right outside where you get it, the screen goes green. Is there anyway to get around it

Iconoclast

Well either is a win lose situation. With glide64 all the little glitchs are gone like the audio lags a little in town and the menu works fine and doesn't require me opening it twice, but the graphics look they they have been dumbed down the clocktower is completly gray instead of the tannish gray color and the ground outside has no grass design is just a mix of greens. With gl64 the graphics look just as they did on the n64 version with a few minor graphic glitchs which come and go in a few seconds but the zelda cutsence is comletey cut out for me for some reason but other ones aren't the audio lags a bit but nothing major i wish i could use the gl64 without the glitchs is there a software or certain options i should check or uncheck in the video and audio menus?
In Glide64, you should check "Depth Buffer Render," "Motion Blur," and "Hardware framebuffer emulation." glN64 also has the Hardware framebuffer emulation option.

If you are experiencing texturing issues with the Clock Tower, I'd say that sounds like your system being the cause, not the graphics plugin, because it looks fine over here. What's your graphics card?

As for audio plugins, Jabo's DirectSound should work just fine, but try Azimer's HLE 0.56 WIP 2 if you feel audio issues are caused by Jabo's DirectSound.

Iconoclast

Hey, sorry for mentioning it in this thread (Figure it's easier than starting a new thread), but, as I'm sure this may have been mentioned a few times, the Lens of truth won't work at all in Majora's mask. Everything else (in Glide64) works fine, and when I try to use the lens in glN64 mode in the area right outside where you get it, the screen goes green. Is there anyway to get around it
Uh...I am unable to confirm this right now, but in glN64, try checking the "Dithered Alpha Testing" option to see if the Lens of Truth reacts properly.

Clements

Dithered Alpha Testing is unrelated to the Lens of Truth effect. Lens of Truth works here with glN64(), no additional options needed.

Iconoclast

Dithered Alpha Testing is unrelated to the Lens of Truth effect. Lens of Truth works here with glN64(), no additional options needed.
Bah. I never did find an instance where that Dithered Alpha Testing option really helps. Or, let me guess...the dissolve effect in Super Mario 64?

Anyway, since Clements says glN64 makes the Lens of Truth display properly, if it's green for you, then it sounds like the problem is your graphics card, not your plugin. Or...it could be your plugin version. I got glN64 v0.4.1.

Clements

Dissolve effect in Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 are notable uses of dithered alpha.

Kirbster

Bah. I never did find an instance where that Dithered Alpha Testing option really helps. Or, let me guess...the dissolve effect in Super Mario 64?

Anyway, since Clements says glN64 makes the Lens of Truth display properly, if it's green for you, then it sounds like the problem is your graphics card, not your plugin. Or...it could be your plugin version. I got glN64 v0.4.1.

I also have glN64 v0.4.1 (or so it says). I'm running a GeForce Go 7900 GTX graphics card and I updated my drivers yesterday to see if they were the cause. I'm baffled because the lens of truth worked fine in OoT, so I can't imagine what the difference is here :(

I can use it in Glide64 without the green, but even then I can't see the invisible things.

EDIT: Umm, I'm ashamed to say I didn't try it, but upon using Direct3D, the lens became fully operational. Sorry for the trouble

Last edited:

Clements

Done some more testing:

Ocarina of Time, Lens of Truth:
Jabo's D3D8 1.6: Works.
glN64(): Works.
Glide64: Works.
Direct64: Works.

Majora's Mask, Lens of Truth:
Jabo's D3D8 1.6: Works.
glN64(): Does not work.
Glide64: Does not work.
Direct64: Works.

So a clarification: As with Glide64, glN64() only emulates the Lens of Truth in OoT and not MM. Direct64 and Jabo's get it correct in both games.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Glide64 does emulate the lens of truth. If it does not, then it is likely the wrapper that is to blame.

Clements

Definite wrapper issue: TRS on Emuxhaven reported this issue to Hacktarux, who requested a save state, and is not fixed yet. Not sure about other wrappers, but they would break all framebuffer effects anyway. I would advise using Jabo's for this game for the best experience, since only the day transition is wrong in MM to my knowledge, unless you have a Voodoo card, in which case Glide64 works better.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Actually, gonetz has fixed it very recently in the plugin, it's not released yet but it should not be too long before it is.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I believe it was working before? I saw pictures of it working some long time ago, I think? Have I been mistaken?

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I believe it was working before? I saw pictures of it working some long time ago, I think? Have I been mistaken?
No mistake. LoT in Zelda MM works on 3dfx hardware since v0.2
Now, after small changes in the plugin (yes, in the plugin!) it works with the wrapper too.