What's new

Minor bug

The_CyberShadow

There's something wrong with save slot selecting. Sometimes, when I select f.e. slot 1, save, and then load immediately, Project64 loads the saved game from another slot. If I press 1 again and load, slot 1 is loaded. Re-check the code on that ;)

Also, how about an option to automatically select (and load?) the last-saved save slot when the game is loaded?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You mean you go through "Save As..." then "Restore"?

No no, thats not how it works, you press "save" to do a quick save and "Restore" loads the quick save. if you want to load another state you have to go though the "Load..." menu.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Oh sorry, I misread your first post... Anyway I tried what you put in the first post.. and I didn't get the same results, it works as it should here... weird.

RadeonUser

The_CyberShadow said:
There's something wrong with save slot selecting. Sometimes, when I select f.e. slot 1, save, and then load immediately, Project64 loads the saved game from another slot. If I press 1 again and load, slot 1 is loaded. Re-check the code on that ;)

Also, how about an option to automatically select (and load?) the last-saved save slot when the game is loaded?

Save states should be working fine since that what we almost entirely used during testing... Still, something could've gone wrong so I'll check later to check for a possible problem.

As for your request... It's pretty much up to zilmar and if he wants to add the feature. or rather... if he has time AND wants to add the feature :whistling
We (the "team") have made a few suggestions involving save states but most were never implemented so dont hold your breath :)

OP
T

The_CyberShadow

Great. Like I said, the glitch appears only sometimes - usually soon after the emulation is started. Possibly something with an unitialized variable?

RadeonUser

Well I just tried this out with several roms.
This is what I did to test, please tell me if I am doing something incorrectly.

1) Made multiple state saves in all slots (all of these saves were in different locations)
2) Moved around and saved, reloaded quickly multiple times
3) Tried each slot with the same approach
4) Repeated process on several roms

Everything went fine and the proper states were loaded... So I'm not sure what to tell you. If other people can quickly try this out and post their results it would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

OP
T

The_CyberShadow

All right, sorry. I tried this too but it didn't work - but this bug didn't happen just once (though it doesn't happen very often). It must depend on something random - like the contents of the stack?

Anyway, forget it. This is too much noise over a tiny glitch.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
The_CyberShadow said:
All right, sorry. I tried this too but it didn't work - but this bug didn't happen just once (though it doesn't happen very often). It must depend on something random - like the contents of the stack?

Anyway, forget it. This is too much noise over a tiny glitch.
to be honest weve had no problem but again we have only ever used the default langauge so what we should be asking is; what lang are you using and does this still happen in the default english ?

Last edited: