What's new

Minish Cap rashes when loading the boss in Wind Palace - help? *Possible Spoilers*

Fenris

I've been playing Minish Cap on the vba emulater, and have gotten to the end of the Wind Palace above the clouds wind no technical problems at all. But when I jump into the tornado, (that I presume takes to the to actual final boss of that extremely long dungeon) The screen suddenly goes white and there is a very lud and abnoxious static-like sound; this passes in less then a second and suddenly the whole Rom resets to the opening screen.

I've tried several ideas, none of which I had a lot of hope for working. I've downloaded other versions of the game form different sites and I imported my save file the new version; it still crashes at the exact same moment. I then tried renaming my save sate file to the exact format the new rom version uses; the ame loads-up fine (which I didn't expect) but it still crashes at the same moment.

I'm completly confused and at a loss of ideas. Has anyone else had this problem? Was there an orginal Rom file that was corrupted or something? Any suggestions? :(

Miretank

Lurking
Which emulator are you using?
If VBA, which version?
I've finished Minish Cap (U) on VBA (sorry I don't remember which version =/) without any problems.

OP
F

Fenris

Yes, I use a VBA emulator. I'm not sure what version it is though. It says the the "version info." tab that it's version "0.9.0.0" which doesn't make much sense to me. :ermm: :huh:

Clements

I have finished the game with both the (E) and (U) versions without issues with Kode54's VBA using native saves only. Could be a rom problem, or a save state issue. If the roms are different, you can't use the save state.

OP
F

Fenris

Huzzah! :bouncy: I downloaded the latest version of VBA. (Apparently the version I had was a prototype or something of the like.)

Now Minish Cap plays perfectly again. Thanks for the suggestion. Now I'm off to save Hyrule!