What's new

might of lost progress...

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hopefully i didnt lose progress, but I got hacked trying to get a program from limewire...damn it, I did a system restore so I might've lost some progress on my project I had already bearly started.....oh well

HELP i can't fix it, they just keep coming, Im serious what can i do... T.T
THIS SUCKS!
I have like 8 worms...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Windows Defender

how can I reformat, I haven''t had it this bad before...

whew got moveonboot again so thatll make it easier...

Has anyone had this "KaZaA" thing before??
that pops up everytime I restart and then triggers everything else

Well I'm going to a local comp. place cause for the first time, I'm really f**ked

Mollymutt

Do not use kazaa. It's full of spyware, and if you want viruses, that's the place to get them. Not to mention, half of the stuff you download there isn't what it says it is. I use emule, it's slooooooow, but at least you get what you want, and no viruses.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Theres K-lite pro, not made by the same guys, and that´s without spyware. My computer is fine. And, you should either reformat, like what was just said, or do a system restore, then you will have a chance to remove the viruses.

Mollymutt

EmuFan said:
Theres K-lite pro, not made by the same guys, and that´s without spyware.
I have K-lite too, but at least half the time I look for something, I either can't find it, or when I download it, it's not the file it was supposed to be. I have much better success with emule.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Who the hell uses Kazaa (or the FastTrack network in general) these days? The whole network is at the brink of death anyway. Use he likes of DC++ and BitTorrent for your illegal games/software/music whatever needs.

Tjalian

Illegal? No no, he was using it to try and find unliscenced music and various anime pictures.

:ph34r: :shifty:

HiReZ92

Try using Spysweeper. It's only thirty bucks and and it is worth every dollar. It has Hijack shields that prevent people from infecting you. It takes care of viruses like trojans adware and other harmful sowftware and usually gets rid of them in a few sweeps in safe mode.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
i dont use kazaa but I got ta virus named it.... also I dont have a reinstallation disk, but I have a backup drive can they use that to reformat??>

I wasnt trying to get "pictures" XD

I was trying to get a program called Alcohol the full version instead of buying it

heh, got AVG antivirus free
Im gonna start using emule i guess.

2455 trojans?! damn...

NaSeR

Spanish Member
Use NOD32 and Kaspersky to eliminate the virus/trojans horses, then ad-aware and spybot S&D to do the same with spywares and malware and then Agnitum Outpost Firewall that can scan too. (all of them in their latest versions and updated) and you will get ride of all the crap, of course disconnect phisically of the internet hookup, reinstall nero and make your backups in dvds and then do a low level format because some viruses copy themselfs in the bootcamp. After reinstall use emule and utorrent as your p2p programs.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edit: I forgot, desactivate windows restore system and reboot, before the operating system loads press F8 to enter in boot options and select the secure mode or something like that and then scan, that´s because the restore system might replace the cleaned flies with the infected ones, and the secure mode because only the necesary drivers and system files are loaded so the security programs can clean the computer without problems due to "can´t overwrite file because it´s beeing used".

Last edited:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
thanks man,
hopefully I got it all to go away

doing defrags and cleanups right now as well, then going to reboot twice

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to put this thread in TechTalk? I have yet to see any hi-res textures in this thread.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, I almost lost progress on a pack I was working on so I guess it could go here.. sorry about that toasty its dead now anyway, it's resolved