What's new

Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I think nintendo is more on their own than anybody, they have the absolute worst 3rd party developer relations, which IMO is the key for better games, and the major reason I never bought into an n64 (snes was the last nintendo product I owned, it was a great system). Also their only asset is the video game market, the reason sony made it where they are is because they have other things to fall back on, and additional funding to provide a better product. Microsoft also fits in this category.

However, neither Nintendo nor Microsoft have lost anything this big in the past. No matter the outcome, the next year will be very interesting for the VG market. Let the games begin.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
blizz said:

not if you consider what Nintendo is though, why didn't M$ try and buy Sega?

Actually they did try to buy Sega. Although that probably wouldn't have been that bad, with the Sonic Team being a thirdparty :)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Who wants to bet me that Sega will be exclusive to Nintendo by the end of next yeah, eh? :D

Remote

Who wouldn't want that... In a couple of years I wouldn't mind seing Sony being a Nintendo exclusive...

Remote

True, and eventhough millions of people buy them... When refering to Sony, I meant 1st, 2nd and 3rd party support...

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I mean that Sony doesn't actually make any of the good games. It's third-party companies that do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.