What's new

Mickey's speedway.

Shinobi909

Having graphics problems with Mickeys Speedway.
Have tried it with Rice 6.1.0 and jabo d3d6 1.5.1

Have, on occasion had the game quite playable but some track sections seem to be transparent. I just played it then and it alternated between OK graphics and corrupted graphics. Sometimes the drivers faces are missing and stuff like that.

Anyone know any settings for playing this game? I can post a screenshot if anyone wants.

OP
Shinobi909

Shinobi909

Thanks dude. I just tried glide64 and it works a treat.
I never tried glide64 out before becuase I thought it was some crappy old plugin for crappy old video cards. Was I wrong! That plugin rocks. Even has screen wobbly distortion effects in Mickey's Speedway. Just tried Perfect Dark out with it in case it supported those trippy LSD effects from the poison knife but unfortunatly not. I long for a plugin that one day can do that. :icecream:

OP
Shinobi909

Shinobi909

"Rice doesnt do that?"

As I understand it, nothing emulates PD's cool trip and blur effects yet.
Unless I'm missing something.

Trotterwatch

I know Orkins GLN64 does the blur effect (like when you get kicked or when you walk into the room that you are supposed to use the Camspy in). Not sure what the 'Cool trip' effect is though.

OP
Shinobi909

Shinobi909

Well I played the original game at a friends house a few years ago, but I
remember that when you get a poison knife thrown at you, things gradually start to get blurry and psychadelic colours start appearing and leaving ghost images of things you look at. After a while it gets so bad you can't even tell where your going and so your easy pickings for enemy players. It was totally awesome. Maybe someone here who owns the original can confirm?

spork9

RU D0WN W1TH 00P?
lol, i guess playing this game could help people stay away from acid indtead of actually doing it