What's new

Memory Edit

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
I still don't full understand the purpose of the Vms Browser, but is it possible to edit memory blocks? Such as being able to edit a DOA2 save game file to have all the costumes? (i don't seem to be able to unlock em)

OP
Windmaster

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
I found some saved games, but they're .vmi files, what do i do with them? I tried importing it, but it says it has to pair with a .vms file.

PS. the VMS broswer is abit buggy, i accidenly deleted save files or something, all i know it doesn't show up in the browser, but when i try to import a vms.bin it says not enough blocks. edit: i got the file back thanks to backup though, lol.

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Windmaster said:
I found some saved games, but they're .vmi files, what do i do with them? I tried importing it, but it says it has to pair with a .vms file.

PS. the VMS broswer is abit buggy, i accidenly deleted save files or something, all i know it doesn't show up in the browser, but when i try to import a vms.bin it says not enough blocks. edit: i got the file back thanks to backup though, lol.

you have to import .dci files... vms.bin file is a vmu card image, it contain all your .dci files... don't try to import .vmi... .vmi are only links...

OP
Windmaster

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
So what could i possibly do with the .vmi files? they're the only ones available as a download for saved games. Aren't .dci files the game image files? How would i import .dci files if in the browser it only says export dci?

Pimp

Banned
Windmaster said:
So what could i possibly do with the .vmi files? they're the only ones available as a download for saved games. Aren't .dci files the game image files? How would i import .dci files if in the browser it only says export dci?

look harder there are DCI files, look for DCI link, ignore the rest.

on search type "DOA LE DCI SAVES "

EDIT : well i found it for ya , dont get use to it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/save/DOA2JPA.DCI

Last edited:
OP
Windmaster

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
I've found one, but it's different, it's for the japanese version, so when i import it and start the game it doesn't recognize it and creates a new save file, is there a way to make it recognize it?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Windmaster said:

humm... "import save" button is for the .dci files... the .dci files are for nexus card, it's generally written on the links...

ElSemi

I forgot to update the docs in time for the release but
with the new vmsbrowser version you can
drag a link to a savestate from internet explorer directly
to the vmsbrowser window.
That will make vmsbrowser look for the correct .vms file when you drag a
.vmi one (it works with .dci too)

OP
Windmaster

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
But is there a way to make the japanese save to work with my english version of DOA2? The speeches are in japanese but there are english subtitles ingame.

OP
Windmaster

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
cooliscool, it doesn't have all costumes unlocked for the US version... lol. but thanks anyways.
Oh well, i guess i'll just get the limited edition japanese version.

Last edited:
OP
Windmaster

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
I will use that one once i get the japanese limited edition version, but it doesn't recognize it in the US version.

EDIT: i tried using that, but the game itself just freezes after the sega screen.

Last edited: