What's new

MegaMan 64 graphical issue

Naterkix

I am playing MegaMan 64 and am having a problem with the graphics. Everything but the ground looks fine but the ground has this weird thing where it looks like there are white lines on the ground. It kinda looks like it's divided into squares. Any idea how to fix this?

OP
Naterkix

Naterkix

Hp Pavilion dv6000
958 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GO 6150

If you need anything else, tell me.

OP
Naterkix

Naterkix

Maybe?

By the Dx6 plugin do you mean Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2? If so I tried it and still have the problem. Is there maybe some option that would do something to help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It says it's nvd3dum.dll.
Which amounts to a whole lot of nothing. It's just the base driver's filename, nothing else.

I'm pretty sure squall meant that you should check the your video card driver's version and update the drivers if you aren't using the latest ones from Nvidia.

GamerAeon

Always update your video card drivers my card is a Radeon X1950 and the sucker has updated its drivers three times in the past 4 weeks.:borg:

So be sure to keep things updated as it can greatly help when rendering video:matrix:

OP
Naterkix

Naterkix

I went and updated the drivers and I still have the lined ground problem. Does anyone else have the MegaMan 64 rom and can see if it may just be the rom itself?

GamerAeon

checking...

Hmmmm Well, it appears something is up with the rom I couldn't figure how to remove the lines as they appeared on mine as well along with black outline blocks in the sky

Tried everything in Jabo's D3D8 and 6 to try to alleviate the problem even fooled with a Beta DX9 Graphic Plugin to no avail to remove the lines.

I think the PJ64 Squad should have a looksee at Mega Man 64 and see if it shows up for them.

As for right now I'm at a loss...:borg:

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the sky line/boxes is a known issue, its a texture size issue i believe.

there is sometimes some lines on the floor,.. but not all the time...

ninjabrocoli

Try changing your resolution to 400x300 or 800x600. Using these "round number" resolutions with true 4x3 proportions reduced a lot this issue in my computer.