What's new

Mega Man 64 graphics problem

Speyeker

I realize there are already topics about MM64 graphics issues, but there don't seem to be any devoted to the one that's troubling me. Basically, some of the sprites that "shine" are invisible to me--this includes the Blade Arm, the Shield Arm, the coloured refractor key items, and the Crystal Fossil in the museum. I haven't gone through the entire game yet, but I sadly expect to come across more problems like this as well. They're all completely invisible in the game. Has anyone else experienced these same problems? If so, have you found a way to fix the problems?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator

You know, reading included documentation before asking questions helps.

Project64 GameFAQ - Mega Man 64 / Rockman Dash said:
  • video
    The "refractor piece" in the cutscene when you start a new game cannot be seen by default. Use legacy pixel pipeline to fix. Many other effects (e.g. explosions) also do not work on new pixel pipeline - use same workaround. **
Note that this applies to the default graphics plugin.

OP
S

Speyeker

You know, reading included documentation before asking questions helps.

Note that this applies to the default graphics plugin.

Thanks man! So, what exactly is the legacy pixel pipeline, and how do I implement the way that the FAQ suggests I fix this problem?

Last edited:
OP
S

Speyeker

From the Advanced tab in the Graphics Plugin configuration window.

Thanks! Yeah, I was looking around the options, but I didn't think to disable the "Hide Advanced Settins" option. >_< Thanks so much, Agozer! :D