What's new

Maxtrix Revolutions: For us that have seen it ;-)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Burnpro said:
i didnt like it .. too much talk and few action..

i agree with someone on this thread
the matrix 10/10
reloaded 8/10
revolutions 6/10

RO fucking L! You thought Revolutions was crap because of too much talk, and yet RELOADED HAD AT LEAST TEN TIMES MORE DIALOGUE. Go find a better reason please, or at least be consistent in your ratings.

Clements

I've recently watched this and I thought it was great. Not quite as good as the first two...

Matrix: 10/10 (One of the better films I've seen)
Reloaded: 9/10 (Great fight scenes toward the end)
Revolutions: 8/10 (Great computer effects)

I'm easily pleased- as long as there is lots of explosions and fight scenes because they make me laugh. I was almost in hysterics when those guys were fighting on the ceiling. And so forth.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
:matrix: ... Well adding some more of my critics... I understood the true meaning of the movie, I mean, I'm not a programmer but I know basic concepts about programming, the movie wasn't bad as I say before, I just was a little dissapointed by then, it will be stupid to say that it doesn't have excellent CG effects, but I still believe that Matrix 1 is better than the second one, and the second one better than the third one. IMO Revolutions was an exciting movie but it could have a better ending, the ending in fact was the thing that dissapoint me...

katon

What's the deal with cornnuts?
matrix revolutions = matrix gone annoying
the first movie had a fantastic story behind it
the 2nd and 3rd movie made it too complicated for a movie series
the 2nd and 3rd ones were primarily made for $, so what would you expect
in the 1st one, life itself was questioned
2 & 3 questioned the questions... thus producing much complications
really there's just a computer explanation behind the whole matrix
like agent smith getting "contained" therefore returning to the "source" in order to get quarantined
quite weird

there is a limit to everything
i personally dont like sequels and i dont think a lot of ppl like sequels either (including threequels!)
the only sequel that was better than the first was toy story 2..... =D

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Why does everyone also think that Reloaded and Revolutions were purely made for $$$? The Wachowskis wrote their stories BEFORE THE FIRST MATRIX HIT THEATRES. The only reason we didn't know about them at the time was, they were told that if The Matrix flopped, they would not receive funding for the second and third parts of their planned trilogy. Once the Matrix turned out to be a massive success, they almost immediately revealed the plans to make it a trilogy.

EDIT: Oh, and if it was made purely for $$$, why would they give them such an uber high budget and complex plot? Movies designed to grab money normally use the lowest budget they can possibly get away with... y'know, so they can reap profits as fast as possible, and as much as possible.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
You know, a common problem I find is that most people who didn't like the third one simply didn't pay attention to the storyline, often times complaining about the ending because they don't understand it.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Humm... I maybe alone with my opinion but I actually liked part 3 more than part 2. It was a nice epical film with some nice ideas. Not to be compared to the fabulous story of part 1 but it was still very, very interesting. Part2´s action scenes were just toooooo long in my opinion and it just hangs in the "middle" of the trilogy. Nope, I´d say Matrix, Matrix Revolutions, last comes Matrix reloaded.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Talas said:
Humm... I maybe alone with my opinion but I actually liked part 3 more than part 2. It was a nice epical film with some nice ideas. Not to be compared to the fabulous story of part 1 but it was still very, very interesting. Part2´s action scenes were just toooooo long in my opinion and it just hangs in the "middle" of the trilogy. Nope, I´d say Matrix, Matrix Revolutions, last comes Matrix reloaded.

I'd say Revolutions, 1, then Reloaded... I disagree that the fight scenes were too long.

Especially the Burly Brawl, which had some very obvious Xiaoxiao influence (watch Neo with the pipe), and Xiaoxiao's fight videos are pretty long too. And c'mon, the highway scene just plain kicked ass, Morpheus + Katana = *swoon*

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tagrineth said:
Why does everyone also think that Reloaded and Revolutions were purely made for $$$? The Wachowskis wrote their stories BEFORE THE FIRST MATRIX HIT THEATRES.

Besides that, the first Matrix basically ended screaming SEQUEL!!!!!11!!!11one

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
AlphaWolf said:
You know, a common problem I find is that most people who didn't like the third one simply didn't pay attention to the storyline, often times complaining about the ending because they don't understand it.

Bulls-eye, that's me. But it was hard for me to stay focused though with a quarter-million Sentinels in my face :)

No, seriously. I was confused, and didn't enjoy it much as a result, exactly as you put it. The main reason I think was because I hadn't seen Reloaded since it first came out. Watching Reloaded right before would really make Revolutions most enjoyable for people. It is, after all, a 5-hour movie rent asunder. My mistake was in renting Reloaded right before but not giving myself enough time to watch it and understand it (I still don't :) ) before I went to Revolutions.

However, It was still refreshing to go back and watch Reloaded right after and see all the connections between the two. For instance: in Reloaded, when they go to see the Merovingian(sp?) the shot slows down for just an instant and you see to the left of the screen the Indian guy (from the train station in Revolutions) being led away. I missed that the first time through.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
Tagrineth said:
I'd say Revolutions, 1, then Reloaded... I disagree that the fight scenes were too long.

Especially the Burly Brawl, which had some very obvious Xiaoxiao influence (watch Neo with the pipe), and Xiaoxiao's fight videos are pretty long too. And c'mon, the highway scene just plain kicked ass, Morpheus + Katana = *swoon*

Dead on! The fight scenes in Reloaded were the best I had ever seen, period. In that case, why would you ever want them to end? :naughty:

Edit: Plus, the music that ties them all together is just awesome.

AlphaWolf said:

and with that, i think this thread has reached its conclusion
:matrix:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I myself am not sure which I liked better: revolutions or the first one. I didn't like reloaded as much though, there were just a few things wrong with it, but revolutions fixed the whole thing.

katon

What's the deal with cornnuts?
AlphaWolf said:

there are more elements to a movie than just storyline i hope you know

and matrix sequels missed a lot of those essential elements that make a good movie
such as innovation
that is primarily what made matrix 1 really good
b/c is was something new ppl haven't seen b4

sytaylor said:
and with that, i think this thread has reached its conclusion
:matrix:

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
katon said:
there are more elements to a movie than just storyline i hope you know

and matrix sequels missed a lot of those essential elements that make a good movie
such as innovation
that is primarily what made matrix 1 really good
b/c is was something new ppl haven't seen b4

What was innovative about the first lord of the rings movie then? People just loved the storyline. There was also nothing innovative about titanic either, some drama freaks just loved seeing leonardo decrapio for some dimented (masochistic?) reason.