What's new

Mario64 running on Mupen64

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I have released the 0.0.2 version of mupen64. Mario64 should work. Feel free to report bugs (especially graphic ones with different videos card and different OSes before I start to improve graphics) but ONLY in mario !

2fast4u

Hacktarux said:
I have released the 0.0.2 version of mupen64. Mario64 should work. Feel free to report bugs (especially graphic ones with different videos card and different OSes before I start to improve graphics) but ONLY in mario !

hack,

great work with your emulator! wish u the best of luck. however when i play mario64 with it mupen freezes as soon as i enter the castle, i dunno how this is caused.

2fast4u

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It seems that it crashes randomly only on specific configs. It never crashes on my computers. I think that it can be because I have not implemented tlb exceptions on the dynarec. I will try to find a rom that causes this exception more often on my computer

Yoshi

sympathetic dinosaur
Good job with the emu! :)I have tested 4 different roms of mario 64(J)(U)(E) plus shindou edition(J) and all works. In some cases there are heavy slowdowns like on the water stage

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I think the water stage is more CPU intensive. The mupen64's core is something between a dynamic recompilator and a static recompilator (Really, I don't know myself how it should be called) but it is not very optimized yet and there is no register caching.

DK64

runs nicely on my rig, it always seemt to crash when i reach the top of bob-omb mountain

good job though, its really fast :)