What's new

Mario Party Crash

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Mario Party runs OK on my PC, but it always crash and reboot my PC when you try to play a mini game called "mario Bandstand" Anyone has this problem?

RJA

The PC Wiz
Using cheat codes??

If you are disable *all* of them and try going back to the same section again one more try.

If it's still crashing, I hate to say this, you have a hardware problem-- please check the following:

1. Check the event log.

2. If it mentions "Device\Video0 has got stuck in a infinite loop",
you are a victim of the notorious infinite loop
Windows XP crash-- Please check out the infinite loop section
at viaarena.com

3. If the error code is 0x000000A, make sure you are not overclocking your processor chip-- or increase the Vcore voltage.

4. If the error code is 0x0000050, it's probably a bug caused
by cheat codes (causing conflicts) in Project64.

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I don't cheat, and I'm not overclocking, also a friend of mine has the same crash and he uses XP...

NewBozo

I haven't played Mario Party 1 using PJ64 (only N64 machine), but I've played Mario Party 2 lots of times (using PJ64 1.4) and it also has the Toad Bandstand mini-game. It works fine for me, no lockups. Try playing MP2 and see if that works for you. It's much more fun anyways.

Here are my stats:

Windows XP-Home
Athlon T-bird 1.2Ghz
640MB PC133
Radeon 8500
Soundblaster Live
joysticks - USB Axispad colors

This is before I updated to WinXP SP1. Radeon is using latest driver available, Soundblaster live using drivers before latest available (new ones futzed up my sound in Broodwar). Haven't played it since upgrading to WInXP SP1.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
It is very possible that the problem is caused by your driver try to install the latest WHOL version

FAR

First Person Shooter
Sometimes Marioparty reboots my machine as well. I still don't know the cause but it happens to me when I play under XP and try to save(pushing F5). My solution was: USE WIN98 SE!