What's new

mario party 3 problem

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
When I play Frigid Bridges in Mario Party 3, the picture it looks all blurred up. You can see it in this picture I attached. Please help!!!!!!

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
You could try switching the framebuffer emulation to Emulate Clear, that might work. I haven't seen that minigame yet, so I can't go test :)

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Quackat0r, I tried your advice and it didn't work. I noticed that this doesn't happen when I go in the practice mode. Thanks for your help though.

frenccw

yeah i have that prob too but i cant seem to find a solution......................onli the fourth player seems fine

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
I know it's playable using the latest Glide64 plugin, so you could try that. If you don't have a Voodoo card though, You'll have to get the eVoodoo 3 wrapper.

I don't know if the wrapper will screw it up or not though, so be warned :)

NewBozo

The weird thing about the Frigid Bridges mini-game is that it works ok if you are practicing the mini-game (at least for me it does). It is only when I select play (not practice) that it hoses up like you describe above. Why would it work during practice and mess up during play? Weird. Also, the mini-game 'ridiculous relay' (a 1 vs. 3 mini-game) has a similar problem. When playing it in practice mode, the top player (the 1 player area) looks fine and the bottom players area (the 3 player area) looks fine. But, when playing it for real (not practice), the top player area player doesn't show up. You have to just guess where the player is at and navigate blind. The bottom play area is fine. Has anyone seen other mini-games with problems like this?

My stats:
Using a goodn64 verified ROM - Mario Party 3 (U) [!].zip
PJ64 1.4 with the latest beta rdb.
Jabo's Direct3d7 1.40
Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40

WinXP home version
Athlon Tbird 1.2
640MB SDRAM
ATI Radeon 8500 w/ XP approved drivers

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I think that Vine With Me & Ridiculous Relay both have problems that weren't present in the 1.3 plugin. Also Crowd Cover Is an unplayable mini game because you can't tell if the picture is a,b, or c. Here's an example.

NewBozo

The 'Vine With Me' mini-game works fine for me in both practice and real play mode (this is PJ64 1.4 - same stats as in my last post). 'Crowd Cover' is kind of messed up but not as bad as the picture you posted with the Boo's. Maybe it doesn't look so bad because I've only seen it with Bob-omb's and not Boo's. The picture is about 85% there with the bob-ombs. I guess I'll start trying with the 1.3 plugins and see if they work for these mini-games.

:pj64:

NewBozo

Woops. The 'vine with me' mini-game doesn't work if you are in the top player area during real play. I previously tried it from the bottom area, it works ok there during real play. This is like the ridiculous relay mini-game problem. Top area hosed during real play, works during practice play.

I tried the mini-games using Jabos 1.3 video plugin. It didn't fix anything. 'Vine with Me' and 'Frigid Bridges' look worse than with the 1.4 plugin.

2bzy4ne1 - can you check out 'vine with me', 'crowd cover' and 'ridiculous relay' with the glide64 plugin and see if it fixes them?

:pj64:

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
Vine With Me and Ridiculous Relay work fine for me in Glide64, but I haven't seen (or tried) Crowd Cover yet. I'll give it a go :)

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I've tried Crowd Cover on Glide 64 and it looks just like the way it does on Jabo's I think. The others look great on it. Maybe I should just keep using Glide 64 for the Mario Party series.

frenccw

when i tried to use the glide64 but the msg ' Failed to load http://program files/project64/plugins/glide64.dll '
i wonder if it has anything to do with the wrapper....i put the evoodoo3 wrapper in the plugins directory

frenccw

ok i have found where to put the wrapper , but now when i load a rom i can onli hear the music but the screen is black , why?

frenccw

yeah but its really laggy for me
and the graphics are a little messed up , maybe coz im using a wrapper?

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
what graphics card are you using? On mine, it will have some glitches but nothing that serious enough that I can't play the game with.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The newest eVoodoo wrapper is still a little buggy and may cause these problems. Nothing to do but to wait for the next version :(