What's new

Mario Kart 64 Problem

JG_Pliskin

When I play everything is fine but every now and then the game will crawl to an unplayable speed, it's like a skipping record. Then everything is fine again. Is there anyway to work around this?

OP
J

JG_Pliskin

I turned off the FPS limiter and synched to sound and it seems to work now, but I just got this error: somethinglike a number and then "Stopping emulation!" Is there any way to fix that?

OP
J

JG_Pliskin

No, how do I do that?

And the skipping is back... >_<

It wouldn't annoy me, but I can get 60 FPS everywhere else, so it can't be my IGP ( ^_^ ) graphics card that is causing the problems.

OP
J

JG_Pliskin

Don't know if this will help diagnose the problem, but whenever I am on menu screens such as choosing the number of players, the race track or my character, the game is very choppy. It went down to at least 8 FPS. Then when all the moving images (the number of players you can choose scrolls in from left to right) have settled into their positions the game will go back to 60 FPS. Hope you can help me.

smcd

To verify your ROM - get goodn64 (2.02a is the latest?) and to make it easier check out Gent's tutorials using GoodWindows or GoodGUI (search emutalk for this)

By the way what are your CPU/RAM/Video/OS?

gamefreaks

What integrated graphics have you got?

Have you tried:
-Newer drivers. (You'd be suprised how many problems this solves!)
-Increasing the framebuffer size(Assuming AGP SMA). Try 32Mb. It may be that your card is texture-swapping.
-Do you have plenty of Ram in your system (>256Mb) and a fast CPU (>1Ghz P3/K7)