What's new

Mario Golf video.ini

R

rico001

Do we need to have a rice's video.ini thread? Games for example (Star Wars: SOTE [!] ) now crash the emu for me with Rice Video 6c.

I also get weird black texturing in Mario Golf? I have an invidia GForce2. Is it
supposed to run perfect? I'm using DX mode.

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
It seems like you are using the pixel shader mode, which your video card does and will not support ever.

OP
R

rico001

ok

Federelli said:
It seems like you are using the pixel shader mode, which your video card does and will not support ever.
I'm using directX mode instead of OpenGL. I noticed my video card does not support the pixel shader extension. After playing with the software vertex & T&L options under DirectX I get pixel shader error messager under both open GL and DX modes. Thanks. :yucky:

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
under the direct x tab change the combiner mode to 3 stage combiner . make sure no game is running when you do it.

OP
R

rico001

nada nada

Didn't Work but thanks. I'll try updating the video driver, next

Rice

Emulator Developer
For Geforce2, you need to use the TNT combiner in DirectX mode, or use TNT combiner in OpenGL mode. In order to use the TNT combiner in DX, you need to update your video card driver to ??. You can search for old threads for the required Nvidia driver version number.

OP
R

rico001

Rice said:
For Geforce2, you need to use the TNT combiner in DirectX mode, or use TNT combiner in OpenGL mode. In order to use the TNT combiner in DX, you need to update your video card driver to ??. You can search for old threads for the required Nvidia driver version number.
TNT support would be before opengl support, and Nforce line of drivers then?

The only option similiar to what you refer to in DirectX mode is called Combiner Type: "For Nvidia TNT/TNT2/GeForce/GF2"

Current Driver version number 6.14.10.6693;

Maybe you could get Jabo's help, or reverse-engineer his plugins, no offense.

Thanks for the help, sorry to waste your time! So I should look for TNT Graphics card drivers? Your post is confusing? :alien2:

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
he is saying to use the tnt combiner in direct x mode. or use tnt combiner in opengl mode. dont you see where it says combiner modde in you pic, and tnt in that setting? what is confusing you. he was also telling you to search the forum for what driver update would work best for you.
and with all due respect to jabo, i dont think rice needs his help. his plugin is much farther along than jabos.

OP
R

rico001

TNT Combiner in OpenGL mode

rcgamer said:
he is saying to use the tnt combiner in direct x mode. or use tnt combiner in opengl mode. dont you see where it says combiner modde in you pic, and tnt in that setting? what is confusing you. he was also telling you to search the forum for what driver update would work best for you.
and with all due respect to jabo, i dont think rice needs his help. his plugin is much farther along than jabos.
Deleting Rice Video Registry keys probably helped.
Found it. "OpenGL for Nvidia TNT or better." But it only shows the grass good after you take a shot. Then their is no longer a black background but grass and the video is pretty good. But when it shows your golfer setting up a swing the background is still black. I tried checking all of the current game options checkboxes this didn't help however. That's what I get for buying a $50 video card. Thanks though :)

This combiner works good on Mario Tennis.

Last edited: