What's new

Mario Golf problems...

Matt Lukin

Hello everyone, i'm new here, but i have read once or twice a thing or two in the forum

i was wondering if anybody could give me a little help on this... i dont know why but Mario Golf slows down a lot of times(like when those cloud menus appear)

i'm using PJ 1.5 final, jabo's direct 3d 6 plugin and i have a pretty good machine (amd tb, 1.333 mhz, 256 mb ram) and i can run games like banjo tooie really well

so can anyone tell me what the problem is? the game is shown as compatible and there's nothing in the GameFaq

ps: my graphs card: 3dprophet gts 64 mb pro

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i should add something to the GameFAQ... try enabling the bottom two options under Advanced in the video plugin config.

OP
M

Matt Lukin

hmm... by enabling those 2 options when i'm playing, like before hitting the ball , the field is all blue, i can only see it when i move...

oh and i was messing around and found out that the problem could be solved by unchecking self-rendered textures, but i dont know what else that'll do to the game...

oh and something else.. i dont know if thats supposed to be like that, but when you arent moving your caracter around the field turns to 2d

jollyrancher

If you uncheck self-rendered textures, everything seems good until you realize that the scenery in front of you is actually the scenery behind you. Some sort of a frame buffer issue.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
as i was saying before, low resolution updates seems to be a good compromise. update less frequently (are the illatics helping? :p) seems to make updates slightly unreliable but if you can live with that, do.

Or is there some misunderstanding about what the problem is here.

Last edited: